Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Time goes fast!

So, as you saw in Riah's "Thank You" post, we are very close friends. She mentioned that first phone call when we were 14 and now I'm going to go into a little more detail. :)

From my side of the story:
My family and I had been going to this church for 10 years. My parents felt like God was saying it was time to move on. So we did. The whole thing blew up in our faces. People creating rumors about Bee and me - accusations and finger pointing's. It was a mess. Needless to say that almost every single one of my friends from there walked away. Only one really tried to keep up communication (which was great). So, it had been a couple of weeks since we had left and I was feeling pretty blue. I had no one to call, or hang out with. Bee was busy doing school and I just wanted to talk to someone!
"Hey Mama?" I called.
"Yeah?"
"What is Ri's phone number?"
"I don't know off the top of my head. Why?"
"I want to call her. There's no one else to talk to" (I didn't mean it in a mean way - just was feeling down. Sad. Bummed.)
Mom gave me her address book and I flipped through the book until I found the number I was looking for. I dialed the number and listened to the slow ringing. Ri's mom answered.
"May I speak to Riah please?" I asked nicely.
"Who is calling?"
"Lys."
"Oh hi! I'll get her." There was some rustling sounds and then I heard Ri.
"Hello?" She sounded perplexed.
"Hi - How are you?"
And so the conversation went. It was awkward. We hadn't talked in so long. Yeah, there was the letter writing, and then the emails, but those were rare. After all, we did have the friends that were near by up until this point...
We had some moments where we didn't say a thing. It was just dead silence over the phone. I was wondering if Ri was thinking I was dumb for calling. when we got off the phone I thought that maybe we wouldn't talk again for a while, but she called me the next day. We talked more than we did before and opened up. She told me about how she left her church and was "shunned" just like I was. That was the bonding point. The same trouble and hurt was really what made us because BFF's again!
Now you see that we talk everyday. We actually had a rule put in place by Ri's mom at one point, that we could only talk between 3-4:30 in the afternoon everyday because we talked in every spare second of the day. Now we just talk when we can.
Riah is the best friend anyone can ask for, and when she and Superman are married I'm going to force him to bring her to visit me all the time. hehee.
Thank YOU, Riah for being there and letting me vent, and cry, and laugh with you no matter what time it is.
Much Love,
post signature

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet!! I love it :)
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all inspired! I would love a friend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome to have a friend like that. I couldn't imagine life without having such a great friend as Ri!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!