Saturday, February 26, 2011

Childhood memories

"In childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking out.  In memories of childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking in."  ~Robert Brault

Let's clarify one thing first off, the majority of my memories are childhood ones because I'm only 18, which means I have only been a legal adult one year and anything before that legally counts as childhood. So, most of my life I have been a child (and in some people's eyes I still am one **cough** mom **cough**). Ok, now that I don't sound like some teen trying to act older then she really is, I'll move on ;)

A memory huh? Well I have a lot, not many that I can really stick an exact date on though. Most surround Mom being pregnant or having another baby. Trust me, Lys will tell you that when I talk about things that happened when I was younger, most of the start off "Well when Mom was pregnant with Beenie" or "Oh, that happened right after T. Lynn was born" or better yet "I remember us doing ... when Mom was nursing Bree, right before she weened because she was pregnant with Beenie". Yeah, weird huh?
Ok, so my memory is... uh. I'm stuck. Let's see... I remember my 2nd birthday. Mom made stuffed strawberries to serve as a little snack durring the party. I loved (and still love) stuffed strawberries! They were sitting on the table in the dinning room and I kept trying to sneak them. I'd reach up over the table and try to get one. I think I only suceeded once, maybe twice, before Mom caught me. I was terrified that she would tell me that because I was sneaking them I wouldn't be able to have any at the party. Can I tell you how relieved I was when she didn't? Yeah, very! I can't believe I still remember that. I was only two for goodness sake. I guess it stuck because I was afraid I wouldn't get strawberries... I suppose that tells you how much I like them 

Your strawberry lovin',
Ri

2 comments:

  1. Aw how fun! I loooove strawberries! ♥ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay missy, if I didn't think of you as an adult, I wouldn't let you get engaged. As if I REALLY have anything to say about it now that you are an, ahemmm, adult.
    Oh, and by the way, you said hat in your last sentence instead of that. You'd better correct that right now!!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!