Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thank you!

“A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.” ~ Grace Pulpit

I can’t think of a more appropriate quote for me and Lys. Our new-ish, closer relationship is based off of circumstances that mirror this quote exactly. All of our friends had deserted us and that’s when we became so much closer. It’s a long and involved story so I’m not going to bother telling you all about it right now, but you have to hear this part to understand what we are to each other.
We both grew apart due to circumstances, many (not all) beyond our control. We didn’t talk much at all, nor did we see each other often. In fact, I think sometimes we forgot the other existed. Sure, if you asked we could tell you we were friends, but we didn’t really know all that much about each other. We both had some church problems when we were 14 and we both left our churches in June/July of that year (or somewhere around that time). The problems were of such a nature that we were “shunned” from the friends we had and were not allowed to talk to them (not our parents decision, that was their parents).
One day I was feeling kind of lonely. I had tried to call a friend, but her mother wouldn’t let me talk to her and informed Mom that they could have nothing more to do with us. I went outside to read, but couldn’t focus (I can hear some of you gasping in utter disbelief now). Out of the blue, Mom poked her head out the back door and said I had a phone call. I bet you can imagine how thrilled I was. I thought that my friend’s mother had a change of heart. Guess how shocked I was to find out it was Lys? It was so weird. But I was just happy to have someone to talk to. We didn’t talk all that much during that call, but then she called back the next day and I called her the day after that. Eventually we ended up telling each other what had gone down at our churches, just to find that nearly the same thing had happened to both of us. We ended up crying together, comforting each other and laughing over how silly we were being; crying over people who had left us when things came to a head.

Needless to say, my thank you letter is to you Lys. Thanks for making that first call! cartoon-phone-pictureEven though it meant that we talked so much it drove my parents crazy. Thanks for letting me call you at nearly midnight so I could tell you that Superman wanted to court me!
cartoon002   (Lys looks better than this believe me!)






Thank you for letting me call you crying! For helping me when Grandpa died. Thank you for letting me vent when I’m angry! untitledThank you for yelling at computers with me…hate love
  (we have the exact same kind of laptop)







Thank you for being the only person who’ll IM me, talk on the phone with me AND email me all at the same time.
mutitasking
And that’s a lot!








And thank you for being the bestest friend ever!




best-disney-cartoons-pooh-and-tiger-coloring-pictures-2010-pictures-2














(I get to be Tigger in this picture… oh quit giving me that sad face Lys… ok fine, you can be Tigger!)

Proud to be Lyssa’s best friend!
Riah Friah Me Oh Miah

4 comments:

  1. Ok. My eyes are leaking right now. Just a lil bit. Love you Ri!!
    You are the bestest friend ever! I couldn't ask for better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they leaking enough to let me big tigger this time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the link to Carolina Blues:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKuX-XmKD4o

    Enjoy Riah!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!