Thursday, February 17, 2011

Art

So today is an art piece. Now, I'm not really all that into art. Bree is and I love what she does, so I pick her art piece. But... because I don't have a picture of any of her art pieces and because she wouldn't let me post it, even if I did, I'll show you another of my favorites.
It's called "Dance Me to the End of Love" and the artist is JackVettriano.

Ok, let me tell you a little bit about Jack Vettriano... He was born in 1953 in Scotland, but his parents were Italian. He was a mining engineer and painted in his spare time. Later in 1988 he quit his job as a mining engineer and started painting full time. His earliest paintings were just copies of impressionist paintings until he discovered his own style. He now has studios in both Scotland and London. 
"Dance Me to the End of Love" is an oil painting, I'm not sure if it's an earlier work or a later one. I don't know if I'd call myself a fan of his work... I just happen to like this one. I think it's a sweet scene.

Riah Friah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!