Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Three

I think this one is one of the hardest. A favorite book… I love so many books that I’m not even sure this is a fair question. I also love a lot of authors. Mary Connealy, Cathy Marie Hake, Ted Dekker, Tracie Peterson (haven’t liked as many of her newer ones though), Tamera Alexander, Jane Austen and so many more. I think I’ll list a few of my favorites instead. In no particular order, mind you.
Jane EyreThis was on of the first books Lys and I read together. I love this book. It actually my favorite Charlotte Bronte book. Jane and Mr. Rochester are awesome! The best movie based off this book is the one made by Masterpiece Theater with Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson. The Mr. Rochester is the best ever!

Head in the Clouds coverThis is another favorite! Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer. Gideon Westcott and Adelaide are perfect, but my favorite parts of the story are actually the parts with Gideon’s adopted daughter Isabella. I love where Adelaide and Isabella are cleaning out the school room and where Isabella learns to pray after Gideon is hurt and then she sings to him. I think I have a soft spot for children!

fancy pantsFancy Pants by Cathy Marie Hake is absolutely HILARIOUS! I think it’s one of her best ever! I love Letter Perfect and Bittersweet too though! Sydney and Big Tim are great… I’m not sure if I like the book better before or after Big Tim realizes Sydney is a girl… I know my favorite part is when Big Tim finds out though!

the inheritanceFirst off, is this the best cover or what? I love Tamera’s book covers, woman in the foreground and man in the background. I’m slightly disappointed that her new one doesn’t look more like this. Oh, and can I have her hair and dress please? I do like more than the cover though. I like the book too! The story is good and I like the characters. Some one should have slapped around the main character’s brother… I certainly would have wanted to. Oh, I like the heroine’s name as well, McKenna Ashford, it’s such a  pretty name.

a dream to call my ownOk, I have to admit that my favorite thing about this book is Dave Shepherd… He’s great! I think it’s just because he is the only person who’ll stand up to Lacy and tell her what’s-what and she seriously needs that. She acts like a spoiled child a lot.
I like so many more…. Petticoat Ranch by Mary Connealy, A Lady of Secret Devotion by Tracie Peterson, Blink and Kiss by Ted Dekker, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, The Wizard of Oz (The book is better than the movie) and many, many more!

Love, Riah

3 comments:

  1. LOL that's funny b/c I HATED Jane Eyre (it was pathetically sappy, I thought the whole crazy-wife deal was, well crazy; he should have married Jane anyways!) and I L.O.V.E All of Tracie Peterson! Have you read her Heirs of Montana series? I read all 8, and the Gallatain trilogy, and now working on the Yukon Quest series lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the Heirs of Montana series, and the Ladies of Liberty series and the Yukon quest series and the Gallatain Trilogy and many many more. And I loved Jane Eyre... it inspired Lys and I to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have nothing against Jane Eyre, I just didn't like it lol it may have to do more with the fact I saw the movie before I read the book...

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!