Friday, February 25, 2011

A recipe

Ok, I'm going to cheat. I'm going to give an easy one I know off the top of my head. I'm too lazy right now to go get up and find a really good one.

Cherry Cheese Danish-thingys:

1 box of cream cheese softened
1/3 cup of Confectioners Sugar (aka: powdered sugar)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1 can of Cherry pie filling
1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls


First preheat oven as per instructions on the back of the crescent roll can. Mix together cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until well mixed and creamy (I usually do it with a mixer). Open the can of crescent rolls and leave two of the crescents together, lay flat on greased baking sheet. Spread the cream cheese on the flat dough until well covered, leave the edges plain. Next spoon the cherries on top. Lay the last two pieces of dough on top and press the edges of the top and bottom pastries together. You should have something that looks like a little pillow filled with cream cheese and cherries. Bake until golden brown on top.
Sometimes instead of putting cherries on top we put brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans on. I love this too. I also double the recipe more often than not, since we have a large family and this only makes one. Hope you enjoy!

Love,
Ri 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I've had those!! They're soooo good!! Great recipe, mine was...eehh lol :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so going to have to try this! I love cherry pie filling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making this for church dinner tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out! Let you know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber - I hope it turns out well. Sorry I didn't have any pictures of it.

    Jocee - I thought your recipe was just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're having those when I'm at your house right?! Im totally addicted to these things!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!