Thursday, February 24, 2011

24 - loving movies

This post is supposed to be about a movie no one would expect me to love, well I'm just going to pick a scene in a movie that no one expected me to love.

I assume most of you have seen or at least heard of Enchanted, right? Well, in case you haven't, it's about a cartoon disney soon-to-be princess who manages to tick off her future step-mother-in-law (does that make sense? basically it's her prince charming's step-mother and she will soon be the the girl's mother-in-law) and this step-mother-in-law is evil - shocker. So, she enchants a wishing well and lures the soon-to-be princess over, then pushes her down it and sends her to a place that has no love - aka: New York. When the "princess" gets there she has serious trouble and is taken in by a well meaning, but skeptical man and his princess-loving daughter. Through lots of trouble and trial they end up falling in love. But there is a problem, the man is in a relationship and Prince Charming just showed up. Now, the princess has to go back, but she doesn't want to, not really, not anymore. She convinces him to go to a ball with her in New York, then she'll go home. But while at the ball the evil step-mother shows up and poisons the princess and Prince Charming's "true love's kiss" isn't working, so the New Yorker kisses her and she is fine again. The evil step-mother attacks and good triumphs over evil in the end. The woman the New Yorker was with ran off with the prince back to "perfect-happily-ever-after-land" and the princess stays with the New Yorker and his daughter.
Yeah, how's that for a synopsis?

So now I bet you are wondering which is my favorite scene... The ball scene. Yes you heard me right and yes, that was my favorite before I started courting Superman and went, supposedly, "soft".
I love this scene! He told her he didn't dance, and then he danced with her. He told her he didn't sing and then he sang quitely in her ear as they danced... **sigh**

Don't they just look like they're in love?! (They are good actors, no?)
I like the song played too.
 "So close to reaching that famous happy end, almost believing this one's not pretend..."

Yeah that's my favorite scene. It's sappy huh? Especially since I am supposedly a professed sappy romance hater... We we're sitting in the theater watching and when he started to sing to her I said "awww", Kay about had a heart attack. "Did you just say 'awww' to a romantic scene?!"  She was sure I had lost it!

Onto others news. My and Superman's engagement dinner is on the 5th of March!

No, it wont look like that... I just thought it was pretty.
It's not going to be fancy, but I'm excited anyway!

His parents are going to be there, and his sister and maybe his Aunt and Uncle and friend (actually, he's my friend too. We all went to church together and I've known him longer than I've known Superman, but Superman is the one who keeps in touch with him).
My parents will be there (duh, since its at our house), my grandparents, my uncles and Lyssa (who demanded to be invited, lol. I don't mind, I love her too much to care. I want her there anyway).

And other news... Lys will be spending the night Friday the 4th through Monday the 7th. She is helping us prepare for the dinner, like the bestest best friend she is, and is just taking the time to hang out! We are going to have loads of fun! Movies, popcorn, picture taking, hanging out... Oh and...

PILLOW FIGHTS
yeah, fun!
I know

Your excited,
Riah

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that part of the movie toooo! Can't wait until the 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you're so lucky you're getting married. Sometimes I ask God when my love story's going to start. But it'll all pay off in the end. I'm still working on my movie!! I think I got it, but I'll post it later on, maybe tomorrow (I'm a bad girl) but I keep trying!! Great post :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!