Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thanks Riah from "Purity and Petticoats"!

Riah (http://www.purityandpetticoats.blogspot.com/) awarded me with the "Favorite Blog Award" this morning! Ain't she a doll?!







Here are the rules and jazz:


The steps for this award are simple.


1. Post about the person who awarded you and their blog.


2. Give the award to five of your favorite blogs, give your reason for choosing that blog, and leave a comment telling them they have been awarded.


3. Answer the ten questions.


4. HAVE TONS OF FUN DOING IT!





A. Post: Riah has been my best friend since before we were born (our moms were friends starting in high school). We have been as close as sisters for years! She is my confidant, adopted sister (and sister in Christ), best friend, writing companion, and so much more. She has supported me through good times and bad. She knows my every secret, and all of my dreams! Riah is a gift from God! I love her very much! Her blog is just awesome! I love to read about the happenings of the petticoats! If I go on much longer it'll take you years to finish reading this post... I wish I could give her the award... wait... can I?


B. I give this award to:


1) My online friend at Banana Blog


2) Cowgirls for Christ - She has a cool site!


3) Aspire - I always love seeing someone as on fire for God as I am!


4) Write Perspectives - Tamera Alexander is on of my top five favorite authors!


5) Petticoat Junction - My best friends mom deserves this!


C. The Ten Questions:


1. Have you ever ridden an elephant? No, unless one on a carousel counts! (Same as Riah! Go figure)


2. Have you ever eaten squid? Yes! I like it a lot! Kind of weird...


3. What is something crazy you have done with your best friend? You know those questionnaire forwards everyone sends with questions like "were you named after someone?" and "favorite color?", well Riah and I sent one of those back and forth like 20 times filling them in with crazy answers. We pretended to be characters in books, household items, ect. (again, same as Riah...)


4. Have you ever held an alligator? Not that I remember, but I do remember tasting one! It tasted like chicken!


5. Have you ever let a snake slither through your fingers? What kind of snake was it? I have held a snake at the pet store where I used to live. It slithered on my arm, but I can't say it slithered through my fingers... I think it was some kind of King Snake.


6. What is your first and foremost dream in life? To be wife and stay-at-home-mom....and go to Australia...


7. What is your dream vacation? Australia! (Ain't that right Ri?!) Sydney and Brisbane, Aussie to be exact!


8. What is the funniest movie you've seen? Um..."The Proposal" I laughed like crazy!


9. What is your favorite song? "You Hold Me Now" and "Tear Down the Walls" and "King of All Days" by Hillsongs United. Sorry, but I couldn't list just one...


10. If you could change the world in one way, what would you do? I would spread the Love of God and His Word to all nations to see the people come to HIM! That or doing something to get Obama out of office or change his ways... (like Riah said) I like my first idea better!

2 comments:

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!