Friday, November 6, 2009

Baking for a Bake Sale!

Oatmeal Pecan Crispies!


I got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman (big shocker there). These are delish! My mom said they taste like Oatmeal Pecan Sandie's cookies! I made 30ish of them. I lost count after a few were eaten! Hehehehehehe!





These are the best shaped cookies I've ever made! They are almost perfectly rounded! And the taste - ohhhhh - it's soooooooooo good!





I think....maybe....I'm in love.

Just kidding.

It's a batch a cookies for crying-out-loud! I wouldn't....uh....well...fall in love with a cookie! Gosh! What kind of person do you think I am?!


I just won't say any more... I just keep digging deeper and deeper. Sorry.



These cookies remind me of a commercial I saw a really long time ago when I was little. It had a cookie that was sitting on a country table. The afternoon sun was shining on it making it look like the best cookie ever! It is kind of a random thought, and a strange one at that, but it was a thought...






You wanna know what I did while I made cookies?! Well...even if ya don't wanna know, I'm gonna tell ya anyway! So there!


I listened to the best CD from the BEST band EVER!!!!


Yup!


You guessed it!


Hillsong United!


CD: Across the Earth: Tear Down the Walls!

Uh.... hehe.... **shifting eyes from one spot to the other** sorry...

Back to the point of this post....

Tomorrow at the barn I go to, there is a "Fall Festival" happening. There are $1 or $2 pony rides for all of the kids, a live band, a fire in the fire pit, a hay ride (I think), a bake sale (hence the cookies I made), and some other things! Last years was the first one I had been to at the barn. Before, I had gone to the one held at our old church. That don't happen no more! (Yes! I am aware of my atrocious grammar! Gosh! Nobody can take a flippin' joke anymore!)

Tomorrow will be fun. Except having to get up before 8:00 in the morning on a weekend! I'll survive. I know it.
Tomorrow I'll post pictures from the festival (if I remember to take my camera with me!) and tell you about it!


I am still tired from being sick, but not as much!


(Pioneer Woman's picture from her Ranch)

Much love, and knee-slappin' laughs,

5 comments:

  1. Okay Lys, which recipe did you use? The oatmeal pecan crispie one? If you did, you added other stuff (I can see it peeking out of the edge of the cookie), and yours look much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this one:
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/files/2008/08/pw-oatmeal-crispies.pdf

    I added lots of oats, and a little extra pecans because I thought they needed it! hehe!
    Other than that I followed this recipe to a "T"!
    They are sooo good!
    Let me know if you make them sometime!
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Katie!!!! I appreciate that!
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!