Friday, November 20, 2009

Southern.

Ever heard the saying:
American by birth; Southern by the grace of God - ?
Well, if not, now ya have!
I bring this up because of a moment that my sister, Bee, and I had tonight. We were doing dishes (as usual) and we both had our ipods playing on the same song in sync. It was Carrie Underwood's "Carnival Ride" CD. After we finished dishes we sat down on the kitchen table (not something we should do. Not something that is proper, but something we did anyway), music still going. We were lip singing and having a big 'ole time! I then laughed. As in a full blown laugh. As in a knee-slappin' laugh. We had cups of sweet tea (for all of you who don't like sweet tea...you are missing out), we were listening to country music, and we are just true born southerners.
So I turn on the southern drawl big time.
"Ain't this funny. We are really being southern listenin' to country music and sippin' sweet tea."
Bee and I had a good laugh over this. (not that doing those things is uncommon... because it isn't).
It was more funny if you were there. I think "funnier" sounds better than "more funny."
Oh well.
Now to the train story...
I have never been close to a train before. Ever. I have always loved trains, and the railroad. Not the new kind of trains. Those aren't what I consider the "real deal." The one I saw today is the closest kind of train to the ones I like that I think is used... Make sense?
As soon as I saw the train coming from probably a mile away, I was ready! I was sooo excited. Just ask my mom. She was there. We were exploring a quilting shop and an antique shop. Both stores were over 100 years old and had original lighting/floors/counter tops/shelves. It was neat. But that's not what I am telling you about. The train was what made my day!
I did not zoom in for this picture.
I was actually working my way closer!
I could feel the vibrations even before it was close. It was the most amazing thing. When it was as close as you see in the picture above, the whistle sounded. It vibrated deep to my core. I couldn't stop smiling. It was like Christmas morning! You might find it weird that I think that about seeing a dirty train that close, but it's true!
OH, WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT!
These train tracks are well over a 100 years old. Think about the men who shed blood, sweat, and tears to make it. It is a piece of history that is apart of the present, and will be apart of the future!
Can you feel my enthusiasm?

There were probably near 200 cars on this train!

They were almost never ending!

This one of my favorite sights! If the road wasn't crossing over it, it would be even better!

I was able to stand about 5 feet from the train! Ah the amazingness of it! I still can feel the vibrations of the ground under me as the train went along. I want to ride a train.

Before I close... I want to give a shout out of encouragement to Riah and her family. As I posted earlier, they have been baking all day in preparation for tomorrow. They are still baking, and cleanin' up the kitchen!

Ya'll can do it! GO! GO! GO!

And then get some awesome sleep!

Love ya'll!

Much love and knee-slappin' laughs,

4 comments:

  1. You should ride a train then, over-night. I LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to! Wanna go with me? We would have a great time!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! It sounds like you and your sis had a great time. I hate sweet tea, but I do love country music. Underwood's "Carnival Ride" is very good. :D Your story makes me think of my sis and I. She and I put on voices and pretend we're crazy character... Or we'll do interpretive dance in the kitchen when cleaning. So you know, interpretive dance = acting out individual words to songs. :D Hehehe.

    Anyways, HI! Lys. Good to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mariah! It's good to meet you too!!!
    Yeah! We did have a great time. My sis and I get hilarious! haha
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!