Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

It is that time of year again! The time in which the Christmas decorations are brought back out, and the gift shopping goes into full swing.
Every year we get our artificial tree out of the attic the weekend after Thanksgiving, so my parents got it down last night while Bee and I were at the barn! YAY! (Note: we used to have a real tree, but it died. haha. just kidding. we can't have a real tree. I guess some of us have an allergy to what the tree farmers spray on them...)
Since the tree is down and standing up in it's 9 foot glory, the next step is to "fluff" the tree. Basically that means you take the branches and spread the out to make it look real, and cover up the "branches."
After that step is complete we will fix the lights on it! We leave the 18bazillion strands of lights on the tree when we put it in the attic, but have to arrange them a little after we get it back out.
After that it is on to the decorating! We start with the "filler" ornaments. Those are solid color ornaments that aren't very pretty. We put them on the inside portion of the tree so that when the white lights come on, it reflects all of the colors. While Bee works on the "filler" ornaments, I work on the very top of the tree. In other words... I stand on a six foot latter and put little quarter sized ornaments all over the top of the tree.
With those two major parts done we move on to the decorative/blown glass/special ornaments that go all around the outside of the tree.
It is so beautiful when it is completed. it will take a couple of weeks before the tree will be fully completed. I will post pictures of the progress as we go along!
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, you take up so much time!
Sing with me now!
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, you take up so much time!
I love it!

I have a little story to tell you right now. You will laugh, and I will cry. You will laugh, and I will laugh. You will laugh, and I will harrumph. Basically...it isn't what I call a good day at the mall. (not that I like the mall anyway....cause I don't)
My mom and I went to the mall today to return something to the phone store. We made a couple other stops while we were there, and on our way out (on the second floor) we stopped to look down at the first floor. Santa was there... I was texting Riah and was going to send her another picture...
Santa waved at us. We waved back. He called for us to "come down and see me." My mom said sure. She asked me if I wanted to go say hello.
"Sure, why not. It doesn't hurt to say hi..." I said.
We get down there. He wants us to have our picture taken with him. I open my phone and get a picture of my mom with Santa. I thought we were done. Nope. I had to sit on Santa's lap to have my picture taken. How tragic. It was funny. But not. It was interesting. But not. My mom was enjoying herself. The words "oh my gosh" replayed over and over in my mind. I may have said in a couple of times too. That was the second time in my teenage years that I had to get my picture taken with Santa. The first time it was planned by my lovely parentals thanks to Bee...
I hope you enjoyed that little story. I hope it won't ever have an encore...

Much love and knee-slappin' laughs,

1 comment:

  1. W-o-w. That is a seriously elaborate tree set up. We have a huge fake tree too, because of the living overseas thing, but we don't do it up so amazingly. (Fluffing is totally the best ever, high-fives for tree fluffers! ;]) I cannot wait to see pictures! It sounds beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!