Friday, November 27, 2009

Recap.

Thanksgiving was wonderful! My family usually doesn't leave the house at all on this holiday, but this year we broke the "tradition." It was harder than it sounds... breaking a tradition, that is. In all of my 17 years I cannot remember ever being away from home, even if only for a few hours, on Thanksgiving. I am sure you can see how odd this was for me.
This year we were invited to go to the "greenway" to ride horses with our friends from the barn. I think we were invited to go last year also, but bowed out gracefully.
I woke up at 7:30 am yesterday morning, and was at the barn an hour later getting horses loaded into the horse trailer. Roughly another hour later we were on our horses ready to go! I purposefully didn't go into details of the preparation. It is very detailed and could possibly cause boredom. Consult doctor before reading details.
Wait. Haha. Just kidding... about the doctor part.

I love this shot for some reason. It's like seeing things from a horses perspective...
I was already mounted up even though it doesn't look like it. I held the camera down for this shot! Oh! This horse is Lady! She is amazing!

It was crazy foggy yesterday morning. It had been raining all week, but yesterday it was just misty fog. The horses look really cool in the fog. :)

THIS is my all time favorite picture! Okay, maybe just from this bunch of photos. But I still love it! It looks very rustic... old... serene... beautiful... foggy... muddy... wet... fallish... ya get it.We rode for five, yes five, straight hours. That was the longest I have EVER been in a saddle before.

This beautiful girl in the front is Sassy (she's mine... or so I like to think... I adopted her in a non-official way). The handsome boy in the back is Rascal. He's a cute lil' thing. So sweet!

Here's Rascal again. We were taking a break. Mr. B. was riding this cute thing right here, and got off because he dropped something. I snuck in this photo! YAY! hehehe. Ain't he just the cutest lil' thing you ever saw?! His expression is just adorable. "Uh, hi. My name ith Rathcal. I like to wun and pway and go on wides. Happy Thankthgiving fwiendth."
Hhehehe hohoho hahahah! Are you laughing yet?
No?
Maybe?
Well get ready to laugh hysterically.
Ready?

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

No comment.

After the ride my mom and Bee went home to throw the turkey (which Bee and I named Albuquerque) into the oven.

We ate around five or six, and then lounged in front of the fire watching TV. Ah... the wonderfulness of it all! I then slept. Like a rock. Except alive.

Speaking of sleep... excuse me while I do just that. I feel like I haven't slept in a month.

G'night!

Much love and knee-slappin' laughs,



2 comments:

  1. That sounds like SO much fun, Lys! I've been on a horse so many times I can count it on one hand. :P The most recent time it was pouring rain for 2 hours. <3 I know how weird it is to break tradition but it sounds like y'all had an amazing time. Loved the photos. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE riding in the rain, Mariah! It is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!