Friday, January 8, 2010

So Cold but no Snow?

We were supposed to get snow this weekend.
I am not a big fan of snow...I think it's beautiful, but I just don't like the cold.
I wanted snow this time though.
The one time I actually want it, it doesn't come.
There's something wrong with that.
Last night we got flurries. That's not "snow" the way it should be. It turned to rain.
It is now 20-some degrees outside. With the wind chill it feels like 17 degrees. I saw it on the news.
If it's going to be this cold I think it should at least snow!
Haha.
Now onto more pictures. Today my mom and I went to a fabric store. I took my new camera with me. I was nervous having it out of the house for the first time. It's not like carrying a little "snap and shoot" camera that is easily put in a purse or in a compartment in a car...no. It has to be out in the open until one buys a case for it.
I am sure you can understand that...
I did have fun getting new pictures that weren't just from my house and around it!

This little bird was just sitting there on the top of the window at a store. We had stopped to see a friend at work. I quickly grabbed my camera (which was around my neck) and took a bazillion photos of it! He liked the attention. "Chirp: I love the spot light. I aspire to be an actor one day. Maybe a singer, too." he then broke into song before flying away. He seems very happy. Good for him!

Look at him posing for the picture! He'll go far in his career!
A cool roll of colorful fabric! Couldn't resist!
More fabric. I think they make some pretty unique shots!
This is (I think) my favorite!
I am off to go sit with my family by the fire and watch some TV (maybe read). A little break sounds nice! :)

Smile!


4 comments:

  1. I can tell you exactly what that bird was thinking - especially in the second picture. He's cocking that little head to the side and wondering why in the world you're standing there, in that incredible cold, taking pictures, when you have the option of going inside. He's a little envious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! That's funny! I shouldn't have read your comment while I brushed my teeth... lol!
    I love you Mrs. Becky!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa, you have such a knack for photography. Your new camera seems to be bringing you much joy in the moments you're able to capture through it. :) Loved the roll of colorful fabric. It reminds me of a rag rug. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mariah!!! :D :D :D :D
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!