Friday, January 22, 2010

Musical Colors.

I had my first piano lesson this past Sunday! YAY! It was great. One of our friends is a music teacher for an elementary school, and she offered to teach my dad and me piano. It's exciting. I've always thought playing piano would be fun!
So I am just learning this basics.
I had had guitar lessons for the last time almost four years ago. I had played bass guitar, but the teacher was HORRID! So then I was learning acoustic, then there was a huge drama with us leaving a church...my music teacher was the worship leader...so those lessons stopped. I didn't have a desire to pick it back up after that. What I didn't realize was that the music notes I had learned are the same as piano! It was so great to know that because it has been easier to learn 18 flashcards in under 40 seconds.

I am learning middle C right now. Musical alphabet: A, B, C, D, E, F, G. So simple! So far playing piano has come so easy to me. But I am also only doing one hand (right) right now...
Today, since I have completed all of my assignments, and can do the flashcards in 31.5 seconds (yes, I timed myself), I decided to try to learn the next little song in the book. I did it in ten minutes! It makes me feel good to be able to do that! Haha.

Now, once again, I am going to go pretend it's not cold (and gray...and dreary) outside.

Be Blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!