Monday, January 11, 2010

Definition of the word "Stubborn"

About a week ago Bee and I were getting in fire wood for the weekend. The one wood pile was getting low on wood, so the leaves that cover the yard were all over the pile. While Bee was in the garage I called up to ask for the rake. We had been playin' around the entire time... So, she looks at me with a certain smile that she gives when in a certain mood. "You can get it." she says.
I look right back with a smile of my own. "But you're already up there, all you have to do is bring it down here."
"Nope. Not doing it."
"Pleeeeeaaaaaase?"
"Nuh uh."
"Aww pah-lease?"
"Sorry, hun, ain't happenin'."
I proceeded to laugh and sit on a huge hunk of wood. "Fine. I will sit here and wait for you to bring me the rake. Eventually you will get tired of doin' all the work by yourself." (I could have gone up to get the rake, done the job, and put it up in the time that had passed already.)
She laughed too, but still didn't bring it after three trips up and down the hill in our back yard.
I got tired of just sittin' there. I grabbed a couple of pieces of wood and took it up. I could have grabbed the rake then, but I didn't. I just went right back down the hill.
Bee looked at me. "You coulda gotten the rake since you wanted it so bad."
"I know, but I'm stubborn. I asked you to get it for me. I even said please. Twice."
"And I said no." We were laughin' hard.
I grabbed another arm-full of wood and as I got to the deck, I turned to see where Bee was. Just as I got a look at her, she slid on the leaves and fell. She wasn't hurt at all. I started to laugh so hard at how funny it looked when she fell. She wasn't even off the ground yet, and she was laughing too. (We like to laugh a lot...) (And no, I'm not mean to her. When somethin' is funny it's good to laugh. It's what you do!)
We got all the wood we would need, and went inside. To this day, neither of us has even touched that silly rake! ahaha! I hope you enjoyed the little story...aka: the definition of "stubborn!"
Here are more photos I took today:

Pine Tree!

Pine Tree blur (or "Bokeh").

Strange grass-like-plant-with-flower-like-things.


Same as above.

Something similar but not from the same area of the yard. (These pictures are actually from the ravine next to our house.)

Awesome grass-like-stuff-with-fuzz.

Stubbornly,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!