Saturday, February 20, 2010

What Love is.

God is love.
He gave it to us.
We can say that we love objects, but that is not what love is for...
Love is for people and living things.
You can say you love your car, or your computer, but that's not love.
Think about how God loves us... How deep, how high, how wide and great is His love for us?
He died for us. He rose again for us. He sent his Holy Spirit to stay with us. He took our sins away. That is true love.
I have been trying not to say stuff like: "I love that movie" or "I love that car" or "I love that shirt."
And after not saying "I love..." about all of those inanimate objects; saying I love you to other people feels amazingly stronger. The strength of love is powerful. I had to pause a moment after I first felt that moment of "wow" about it. Imagine: Not saying love about everything you enjoy, and then going to someone who is special then telling then you love them. It makes the word "love" seem so much more special to say.
I thought I would share that discovery with you. Perhaps you will discover the same thing....


Feeling content,

1 comment:

  1. Very well put Lys. We should give that much thought to everything we say.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!