Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something I have to work on...daily.

Ephesians 4:26 (New King James Version)
26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath


Do you know how hard that can be sometimes?
I do.
Does your family sometimes get on your nerves and you just get so frustrated?
Affirmative.
Have you ever had an argument with a sibling, a friend, or even your parents and have gotten so angry that you just don't wanna talk to them.
Yep!
For me, if I am angry at you I do not wanna talk to you, see you, or be anywhere near you, until I calm down. My sister and I had an argument not too long ago and it was right before bed time. She told me "do not let the sun go down on your wrath."
I wanted to throttle her. lol.
I went to bed angry.
That was not so good.
She likes to talk things out. I like to calm down alone...
It was interesting to say in the least.
I have a hard time about not letting the sun go down on my anger sometimes.
It is something we should all work harder on in our lives.

Taking it one step at a time,

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!! Thanks for the comments on my photography blog. I love your profile picture, that is so neat :) Will definitely keep up on your blog, just curious as to where you found mine at? And my nickname is... Napoleon. Or Bonaparte, depending :) Supposedly it's because I'm short, crazy and think I need to rule the world. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Lys. Thing is... sometimes I feel like it's better to let the sun go down on my anger than deal with it at the time. That is to say, I don't think about the fact that I'm wrong. Just last night I was thinking about this same thing... The way I so often go to bed pouty and angry with someone rather than talking it out, giving them a hug and getting on with it. What if I were to die or them die and then... O.O That'd just be a whole mess of sorts. (Mind that is, like, and extreme worst-case-scenario deal, but yeah.) ANYWAYS: Good post. :D

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!