Monday, February 8, 2010

Thoughts.

Proverbs 15
1 A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.


I have had to keep reminding myself of this scripture lately. There has been so much going on. It's one of those times that you wish would hurry up and go away so everything can be back to normal...and better! :)
So in my Bible reading I always ask God to show me what He wants me to read. Last night I opened my Bible and it was on James chapter one. As I read, this is what I saw:

James 1:19-20
19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Pretty cool right?! I thought so.
We should all listen better. Be it listening to God better, or simply listening to our parents, siblings, or friends. Because a small conversation can be turned into an argument by simply not hearing, or speaking too swiftly.
Just something to think about.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

3 comments:

  1. Such wise thoughts from one so young. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Lys. I really needed this reminder. I'm so fast to talk and it's one of my most annoying shortcomings as of late. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was good to read today. I have so many problems with that! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!