Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Awesome Experience.

I am lying here in bed yawning, and blinking my heavy eye lids, yet I am going to post this. lol.

My awesome experience today isn't really major. For me, though, it is exciting.
This morning my mom and I headed to the mall. (excuse me while I gag). I needed some new jeans for work. SO! The shopping began. It took forever. The mall was overly hot, crowded, and I wanted to make this trip as fast as possible. It took us forever. We finally found two pairs of great jeans that actually didn't have that holes and tatters in them! Shocker! Don't worry...that's not the awesome experience... not even close.
After the mall we went to the grocery store and then home. I actually drove everywhere today. It was fun!
I got to the barn at three o'clock. I got to ride my favorite horse, Sassy! Did chores while Mrs. Jill took out another ride. (Just wait, my awesome experience is still coming!)
Around five-thirty I had my lesson. Mrs. Jill told me to ride RASCAL! He is a four year old horse that is AMAZING! He has been at the barn since summer and I have been wanting to ride him since then! I got him ready: brushed, saddled, bridled, and gave lots of love. Oh yeah, and put on my darn helmet that I have to wear for two more months. (Here is the awesome experience).
I got on him.
I fell in love.
Right then and there.
He was great. His walk was smooth. He covered ground so fast without even trying. I was smiling from ear to ear. Then Mrs. Jill had me get him into an extended walk. I think my smile grew. I was flying around the ring! At a walk no less! Then we trotted. It was the worst trot. Ever. Bouncy and rough. But surprisingly awesome! I don't think I have ever enjoyed a ring lesson as much as I did today. Rascal's trot got so big that I thought we were cantering for a minute. A gray cloud loomed overhead. We gave it no heed since the weather people said that it wasn't supposed to rain until tomorrow. I felt a raindrop while trotting around. The another. Then it started to pour rain. I laughed. I was so happy. The sky was beautiful even with the clouds. There was a bright pink glow that covered the sky/clouds for a bit. Needless to say, my lesson ended only after twenty minutes because of rain.
So, long story short, my awesome experience was to be able to ride this cutie pie:

Wemember Wathcal? I like to think he hath a lithp.

Going to sleep now,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!