Friday, February 26, 2010

Encouraging.

Oh, this has been an interesting week. Well, more like an interesting two days. But ya know what?! God is in control! No matter how odd things get; He has a plan.
I have been keeping in mind still:
Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.


and...


James 1:19
So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;

Those scriptures are great to keep in mind even if a situation is simply odd. As I've said before, it is something I have to work on...daily!
I guess the point of this post is this: Don't ever think a situation is too bad or too odd. God is God yesterday, today, and forever. He can handle anything. The Bible says to cast our cares upon the Lord. That means everything. Ya know how people say "take care" when parting ways, or hanging up the phone. My question is: Why would I want to "take care" when all my cares go to God?! Just another "something" to think about! :)

I re-discovered a song a few days ago. It's the second one on my playlist on this blog. It is so wonderful! The first song on this playlist is also a favorite, though newly discovered!
Listen to the lyrics to the second song... they are so encouraging. I keep replaying it. Over. And over. lol.

Last night, feeling rather bored with my background screen picture, I decided to do something with one of my photos. Here is what I did:


I, as you can see, wrote out some of the lyrics to the two songs I just mentioned. I gave it enough room so that all the other stuff on the screen wouldn't block the words. It's great! My mom and sister are currently thinking about what they would want on a background for their computers.

No doubt that I will be changing the photo or what is written (or both) for it soon. haha.

Well, I am off to sleep. I am very, very tired. The tooth picks holding my eyes open aren't holding very well. :)

**Disclaimer: I do not mean literal tooth picks...it is a figure of speech! Thought I'd make sure you knew that.**



Ready and waiting,

2 comments:

  1. amen Lys! It's always so amazing to just sit and think about how big our God is....that He is the same always and forever!

    Blessings,
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toothpicks can literally hold open Tom's (the cat in the Tom & Jerry cartoon) eyelids. I just don't think you're trying hard enough!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!