Friday, September 24, 2010

YES!!!

I have a job!
Sorta.
I have it for sure after my background check comes back and I'm not a bad person.
But I am saying I have it for sure because I haven't broken the law.
Ever.
Really, I'm not a crazy murderer or a thief!
lol.
I really do make myself laugh sometimes.
Now would be one of those times.
Being tired probably has something to do with it.
But I am sticking to the original idea.
haha.
Oh and I have a short story for you.
It's not from my childhood.
It's from yesterday and today.
Here goes:
I was driving home from dropping my mom off at work and as I turned onto a different road, my "check engine" light came on. It made me nervous.
There is just something about that little light that makes the worst-case-scenarios run through my head. The first one that ran through my mind yesterday was this: "What if my engine explodes...as in fire, and a loud BOOM?!" and then... "What if it doesn't explode, but just dies on me as I'm goin' down the road?!" and then... "What if a whole bunch of stuff is wrong and suddenly my breaks don't work?!... and so on and so forth.
Today, my mom and I had to go out, so we decided to go by Auto Zone for them to run a quick diagnostic on my car. (His name is Syd.) (Yes, I named him) (And yes, he is a boy) (And yes, I know it's just a car.)
Guess what they said... "It was probably a glitch in the system. Sometimes if you do some things a certain way the computer can't keep up so it will turn the "check engine" light on. It is very common in Jeeps (I have a '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee) to do that. You have nothing to worry about." They reset the light and sent us down the road.
Go ahead and laugh. I know you want to. I am. Now.
My worst-case-scenario thoughts were way over the top. A glitch. A small little glitch. And I was thinking explosions and crashes.
I think I'm going to go now.
Goodbye.
postsignature

1 comment:

  1. Lys, you know that we both over analyze things... haha... I am not surprised in the least.
    B

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!