Monday, September 20, 2010

About the 3 Men in My Basement.

It was a lie told me by a rude girl who lived across the street. I was three years old and we had just moved into our new house in the mountains of NC. The girl was around seven years old, I believe.
The day we moved in, she came by to say hi to Bee and me. After a little bit of conversation (whatever conversation a 3yro, a 6yro, and a 7yro can have...) the girl says, "Oh, just so you know, I saw 3 men go into your basement before y'all got here, and they never came out!"
Being 3 and willing to believe whatever I was told, I thought she was telling the truth, and was forever scared of the basement. To this day I don't ever want to see that basement again. (Good thing we don't live there anymore).
Now, you have to understand, our basement could not be accessed unless you went outside, down a flight of steps, and unlocked and exterior door. It was an incomplete basement filled with jumpy spiders, and Bee and I were too short to reach the light to turn it on. We kept our bikes down there and all of our other outdoor toys.
Imagine, if you will, a dark, unfinished basement with no light you can reach, and the thought that 3 men were living down there. And then imagine that, oh I don't know, your sister "accidentally" locks you in there with no light, and jumping spiders all around you...and the 3 non-existent men. Also imagine your eyes playing tricks on you as you are screaming for someone to let you out, and you "see" figures moving toward you.
Imagine being angry at your big sister for leaving you alone in the dark, scary, horrid, evil basement!
I had nightmares for weeks after being locked down there. You know the kind of dream where you can't run, talk, scream, or do anything to escape impending doom?! Yeah, that's the kind of dream I had every night.
That is the story of the 3 men in my basement.

 Glad to have said "goodbye" to that basement over 9 years ago,
postsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!