Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm Caught. Stuck. Forever immersed.

Books are my friend. I have reading in every spare minute I have.
It boggles my mind how some people don't enjoy books like I do. It seems so weird to me that my own sister has been "trying" to read a very small book for about 8 months now, and is only on chapter 4 or 5! The book is very good! I've read it a few times already. 
I guess some people just aren't avid readers like I am. If I could read 24/7 I would...as long as the book was good. haha.
There is just something about sitting down with a good book for a couple of hours...
The written word really does stir the imagination. It takes the characters that were created by an author and turns them into real people. People who become friends to you in a different way.
To me, books are more than just books when the story catches you, and immerses you in it. The books turn into an adventure, or a good escape for you. You "meet" new people and "see" new places all over the world. It just takes some words put to paper and an imagination.

postsignature

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree! I read a new book yesterday, couldn't hardly put it down till I had gotten to the end!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!