Thursday, September 2, 2010

An email to me from Hillsong.

"What do you need to accomplish something extraordinary? Ambition? Money? Power? Or perhaps... supernatural power?


Do you realise that you have supernatural power at your disposal every time you connect with God in prayer? In fact, when you begin to pray, heaven begins to stir in response.

I really believe that.

I don't know about you, but there have been plenty of times that I haven't felt very extraordinary. There have been times that I have prayed, "God, this is too big for me. This is more than I can handle." But it's comforting to know that when we do that, when we confess our utter dependence on the Lord, when our God hears one of His children relying totally on His power, He responds.

The truth is, when ordinary people like you and me connect to the power of God through prayer Extraordinary Things Happen.

I want to share with you a glimpse of how you can trust and rely totally on God for your future. As you begin to place more of your trust and hope in the Lord you will start seeing amazing things happen in your life.

So, how do we pray with extraordinary power?

First , get real. If you want to be effective in your prayers, just be open and transparent. You don't have to hide your feelings from God. I love King David. Listen to part of his prayer from Psalm 13. ‘How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day?' Do you see what David is doing? He is telling God exactly how he feels. David is praying honestly. That's exactly what we need to do. After all, God already knows everything that is going on in our lives, so come before Him every day, just the way you are. Be real!

Second, think outside the box. So many people pray safe. They're afraid to ask God for the big dreams and desires of their heart. Do you remember when God offered to give Solomon anything he wanted? With the en-tire world before him, Solomon prayed for wisdom to guide God's people! And what did God do? He granted him wisdom, but He also added riches beyond our imagination! When we pray unselfishly, God will do exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever ask, think or imagine.

Finally, get your words right. Our words don't have to be high and lofty. The Word is Jesus. You don't need to pray, "I most humbly beseech Thee that Thou may truly impart Thy blessing..." Let me encourage you, just be yourself. The words you use are not as important as the heart behind them. Pray from your heart and pray in the name of Jesus. Jesus is the authority through whom all prayers are answered. Prayer is simply a conversation with God. You don't need eloquent speech, just an open and tender heart.

Friend, the only thing we need in order to do something extraordinary is to connect with God in prayer. The Bible tells us, "with God all things are possible."

The Lord's desire is that you live an overcoming, extraordinary life.

With love and appreciation,

Brian Houston"


 

1 comment:

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!