Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A wild day in the life of me.

Whew. Today is a kind of day that makes you very thankful for relaxation and quiet. From the moment I got to work this morning it was non-stop. We were rushing to get stuff done. There were some issues we had to work on for a little while. Things to sort and package.
There was constant noise. People talking. Computers humming. Clicking of mouses. Typing of keys. Paper shuffling. Phone ringing. Doors opening and closing. Beeping from various machines. Timers going off.
It was wild. But I'm getting used to it. I can block it out if I am really focused on something.
Sometime this morning (closer to noon) I closed my eyes and silently prayed for God to calm my nerves...to calm me. A second later I smiled and almost laughed at myself. I didn't need to being feeling stressed in the first place. Yes, there was a ton to do. Yes, it was noisy. Yes, there is an annoying co-worker who gets on my nerves, and YES there was still the whole day ahead that was full of work, but that didn't mean I had to let it get to me. What's the point in letting stuff get to you? It only serves to make us stressed out...
After I prayed for God to calm me down I was fine. There was a moment that I could feel the stress coming on again, but I ignored it and was fine the rest of the day.
Isn't God so wonderful?! He made my day! Literally... :)
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

2 comments:

  1. It's it funny how we stress and stress and then when we FINALLY ask God for help it's like "why didn't I do that earlier!!" I know that happens to me all the time. Glad He helped you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome. This helps a lot, because I feel the same. Hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!