Monday, July 11, 2011

A Character Interview

This looked like such fun that I just had to do it! I know I was supposed to post about my trip, but I haven't uploaded pictures yet, so that will just have to wait. I found this tag on Abigail's blog and she in turn found it on Marian's blog. I'm going to sorta follow Marian's format, but with my characters, who knows how it will go. I am going to use more than three characters though.

Catherine Jane Alexander - Originally named Jane Alexander, but that is now her mom's name, plus Catherine only had that name for about one page, then I changed it. She is from the first book I ever attempted to really write. The book is now in about it's 4th re-write and it has yet to ever be finished.

Grayson Lee - His named was originally spelled Greyson with an "e" rather than an "a", but it looks more sinister with an "e" so I changed it. He isn't supposed to be sinister, he is just a tad too stupid sometimes. He is from the same book that Catherine is from.

Dillon Clark - I bet you'll all be surprised, but his name was not only always Dillon Clark, but it was always spelled like that too! I bet you are about to pass out, right? He is from the same book too!

Echo Abbiss - a newer character and I reverted to my old bad habits. Her name was originally Cassia, but Echo sounded more mysterious and Cassia sounded bubbly. Hint: Echo is supposed to be mysterious :) She does not belong to the other book, she has her own. Lucky Echo!

Lander - I eventually chose this name for him. The options were Kalden, Lander and Taavi. I ended up chosing Lander because Kalden sounded like a tall, dark and handsome guy's name and Lander is not that and Taavi sounded like a little, quiet guy and Lander isn't that either. He is in Echo's book. Oh, he doesn't have a last name yet.

Alright, now to start the interview!

Interviewer: Hi everyone! Welcome to the In Your Author's Brain show. It's so nice to have you here. Please introduce yourself, starting with you on the left.

Lander - Hey, I'm Lander.
Catherine - Just Lander?
Lander - Yeah, what's it to ya?! Our author decided that my last name isn't important right now, take it up with her if you got a problem **crosses arms**
Echo - Lander, be nice. She was just asking a question, you need to quit being so easily frustrated.

Interviewer: Let's get back to the introductions...

Lander - Like I said, I'm Lander **cuts Catherine a look**
Echo - **glares at Lander** I'm Echo Abbiss
Lander - Oh, she get's a last name!
Echo - Oh, move on Lander! It's this guy's turn to talk **gestures to the guy beside her on the sofa**
Lander: **crosses arms and sighs**
Grayson - I'm Grayson Lee **smiles at the interviewer**
**Lander mumbling something that sound's suspiciously like a complaint in the background**
**Echo elbows Lander rather hard in his ribs**
Catherine - Hey everyone, I'm Catherine Alexander! **waves**
Dillon - **smiles a little at Catherine** I'm Dillon Clark
**another mumble from Lander's general direction followed by a grunt**

Interviewer: Now that we all know each other now **sharp look at Lander**, do you want a hug?

Grayson - Depends, who do I get to hug? **quick look at Catherine**
Catherine - **looks between both Dillon and Grayson and blushes** Um... not really
Echo - No!!
Lander - Absolutely not!
Dillion - I feel like this should be a no response question.

Interviewer: Do you have any children?

Echo - Certainly not. I just got my first assignment from **breaks off abruptly and clamps lips shut**
Lander - No, absolutely not.
Dillon - **looks and Catherine and chuckles** not yet.
Catherine - **blushes again** I will, eventually.
Lander - Ok, what is up with Miss Blushes and her two suitors?
Echo - isn't it obvious? They both like her and she likes them both.
Lander - Well, pick one and be done with it.
Catherine - **turns red from anger** I did - or will - but he picks his family over me.
Lander - Then quit sending eyes that guy's direction and stick with the other
Dillon - She does, but then I die!! She can't help that.
Grayson - How is this any of Mr. No-Last-Name's business?
Echo - It isn't. Just ignore him, he has serious problems.
Catherine - Wait, you die Dillon? **starts to tear up** How do you know?
Dillon - take my word for it and don't go backstage after the show. Our author has some ideas that are none to kind **sends Lander a smug look**
Echo - can we please move on?
Grayson - Wait one minute! Catherine gets married to him?! You have got to be kidding me!
Catherine - You didn't want to marry me, remember?
Grayson - That was my parent's idea!
Dillon - You had the chance to have her and gave her up, so you have no right to get mad.
Echo - Interviewer, do you have anymore questions? Please?!

Interviewer: Have you ever killed anyone?

Catherine - Absolutely not!
Grayson - Never!
Dillon - Certainly not!
Lander - I might eventually, our dear author doesn't know yet. She needs to make up her mind.
Echo - Same here **says casually**
**Catherine, Dillon and Grayson look at Lander and Echo in horror**
Lander - Don't look at us like that. You live in a fantasy world with an evil king and a missing leader and then cast judgement!
Echo - I'd have to agree with Lander this time.

Interviewer: **looks a little scared as she reads the question** Um, do you love anyone?

Catherine - I love several people. My mama, my poor dead father, my soon-to-be step-father, my little sister who will be born after Mama remarries, Dillon, our son that will be born and named after his father, Grayson, Victoria Lee -
Lander - Are you through? **huffs**
Echo - Lander that was rude.
Lander - Oh really, Miss Manners?
Echo - You don't have any manners, that is for sure and certain **angerly**
Lander - Aren't you supposed to know how to control your temper?
Echo - All the training in the world couldn't keep anyone from getting irritated with you!
Lander - Or maybe your training wasn't thorough enough!
Echo - How dare you? Mistress - **clamps mouth shut again**
Dillon - Does anybody get the idea that Miss Abbiss has a secret? **says smilingly**
Lander - Get used to it, she doesn't finish half of what she is saying.
Catherine - Should we get back to the question at hand?
Lander - Sure. Well all know you have quite a list, so shall we move onto who Echo is in love with?
Echo - I'm quite sure you know I am not in love with anyone
Dillon - Why not?
Echo - Oh, our dear author hasn't decided if I'll even be in love.
Lander - That is a lie.
Catherine - **looks around worriedly** Do you think you should be talking about our author that way? We're in her brain you know, she can probably hear us.
Echo - **ignores Catherine** That is not a lie.
Lander - Well even if that isn't a lie, you secretly want her to make you fall in love with Kalden.
Echo - That is not SO!

Interviewer: Ok, that is plenty of answers for that question! Let's move onto a safer topic. What is your job?

Lander - I am just a traveler. I do odd jobs when I need the money.
Echo - And now you lie. You work for a secret underground group. You are trying to find the missing leader so he can over-throw the King.
Lander - **slaps hand over Echo's mouth** Hush up, dont you know that they could be lurking anywhere in our author's brain and they could over hear you.
Echo - **Laughs** You really think our author would let them roam over her brain with free will? She isn't stupid.
Lander - She let Dillon backstage...
Echo - He snuck back there, I saw him.
Lander - And you think they can't sneak around?
Grayson - Are you two incapable of staying on topic? I work with my Dad with our family business which is import. We have our own ships and we import valuable goods to the states.
Lander - How boring **yawn**
Grayson - we don't all live in imaginary worlds!
Echo - It isn't imaginary!
Grayson - Oh yes it is!
Catherine - Stop! **coughs** my job is stay-at-home daughter then stay-at-home wife.
Dillon - Mine hasn't been decided yet. Our author is thinking either Military or Law.
Echo - I'm not supposed to mention mine.
Lander - You mentioned mine!
Echo - I am currently a student
**Lander snickers**

Interviewer: Favorite season?

Lander - Fall.
Catherine - Spring.
Echo - Spring.
Grayson - I really don't have a favorite. **shrugs**
Dillon - Neither do I. What is with girls and spring?
Echo - Springs in our world are absolutely beautiful. More colorful than yours.
Catherine - Not so! **offended** But everything is very lovely and coming back to life.
Grayson - Catherine has death issues since her Father died.
Echo - Doesn't everyone have issues with death?
Grayson - well, yeah I guess so.

Interviewer: **interrupts before the conversation can go further** Who is your best friend?

Lander - I don't have one currently. One day it will be Echo **smirks**
Echo - Shoot me now! **raises hands in surrender** Mine is **fake gags** going to be Lander. But my other best friend, currently, is Marlon. She attends the same school I do. We stay close friends.
Grayson - Catherine and Taylor Price. He does end up mad at me when I give up Catherine **glances at Catherine and coughs** but he always tells the truth.
Catherine - Lucy Tibet, Mercy Price and Victoria Lee, although eventually Victoria gives up our friendship for a time as she wants Grayson to marry a rich girl from England.
Dillon - Catherine and my cousin Sylvia.

Interviewer - **sighs in relief that it didn't break in another argument** Hobbies?

Dillon - Um, not sure.
Echo - Does archery, sword fighting and horseback riding count?
Catherine - Embroidery and reading
Lander - **chuckles** Wow, you two girls are way different. I don't know that I have a hobby. I like to hunt.
Grayson - Reading, riding, fishing.

Interviewer: **looking more and more relieved** What color are your eyes?

Lander - what a silly question. Cant you see them?
Echo - Not really, you don't have a color yet. **laughingly**
Lander - She, our author, is thinking green, but I'm pulling for brown.
Echo - Mine are deep, indigo blue.
Catherine - Emerald green.
Grayson - Gray.
Echo - Oh, so original. **dryly**
**Grayson laughs**
Dillon - Green!
Lander - Miss Author, if your listening, you have plenty of green eyed characters, mine should be brown!
Author - Your request is duly noted and is being processed **from somewhere above, behind, in front or below them**
Grayson - Whoa! Where'd that come from?
Catherine - I told you she was listening!
Lander  - Oh no.

Interviewer: **laughs** Are you good or bad?

Lander - Good in some people's eyes, bad in others.
Echo - And annoying in others! I'm good.
Catherine - I try to be good.
Grayson - Same.
Dillon - You failed at being good Gray. You are the "villain" of the story. **smiles smugly**
Grayson - I'm not the villain, am I?
Catherine - Well, you sorta are.
**Grayson hinds his face in his hands**
Lander - **laughs** You are a sad little villain Grayson. Our villain's kill and rule ruthlessly. You just break a girl's heart.
Catherine - Hey, that's me we're talking about here! **crosses arms**
Lander - Oh, I know. In fact, I bet he breaks Miss Rich's heart too, right? The girl his parent's want him to marry.
Grayson - It doesn't break her heart. She didn't care about me.
Lander - How do you know?
Echo - That is quite enough!

Interviewer: What is your greatest fear?

Lander - I don't know... That I'll be alone.
Echo - That I'll fail those who put their trust in me. **blinks eyes as if to blink away possible tears**
Catherine - That more of the people I love will die.
Grayson - That I'll lose Catherine completely.
Dillon - My-oh-my, we all got suddenly serious. **not quite jokingly**
Lander - Answer the question man.
Dillon - That I will hurt Catherine worse then Gray did when I die.
Catherine - Oh, Dillon **hugs Dillon** I know you wont die on purpose.
**Dillon's eyes get moist**
Echo - Miss Interviewer, lets move on if you please.

Interviewer: **eyes moist also** What do you think of your parents?

Catherine - They are the best, even my step-father! **smiles brightly**
Grayson - **sighs** They try to do their best, but they don't care much beyond their own wants.
Dillon - They are the most wonderful people I know.
Echo - I don't know who my parents are. **looks away embarrassed**
Lander - Mine were wonderful, or so I'm told. I don't remember them.
Catherine - I'm so sorry for you two.
Dillon - Is that a running theme in your world? **raises eyebrow**
Echo - Most of the people are missing family members, yes.
Catherine - Remind me not to visit.
Lander - We hope to put an end to it.
Grayson - Good!

Interviewer: Any siblings?

Echo - Not that I know of. I think of the girls I go to school with as sisters.
Lander - One brother, but he is MIA. **says almost calmly, but a slight tremble betrays him**
Catherine - Your world is sad. **with pity**
Lander - You're telling me!
Catherine - I have one sister, or I will. Her name is Lydia.
Grayson - I have one sister, Victoria.
Dillon - I don't have any siblings either, Miss Abbis **gives her a brotherly smile**, but I think of my cousin as a sister since we grew up together, like you and your school mates.
**Echo smiles back**
**Lander coughs awkwardly**

Interviewer: This is quite a sad interview. **Smiles** Maybe we should just go back to arguing? **teasing** Alright, Was it fun to answer all of these questions?

Lander - Not all of them!
Echo - Ditto!
Catherine - Some were fun. **optimistically**
Dillon - Others were uncomfortable.
Grayson - I'm not going to another interview.
Echo - I agree. I might sign other characters up next time!
Lander - I completely, completely, agree! **hands raised in agreement**

Interviewer: Do you have any weaknesses?

Catherine: too trusting!
Echo - Go figure. Mine is losing my temper with Lander.
Grayson - That could be anybodies!
**Lander glares at Grayson and Echo**
Grayson - Not standing up for myself against my parents.
Dillon - **snickers** No kidding!
Lander - Yeah, that could be a problem.
Grayson - Hey. You aren't perfect!
Lander - Nope, but I can stand up for myself.
Grayson - So what is your weakness? **crosses arms**
Lander - Thankfully, our author hasn't come up with one, so I get to skip out on the embarrassment.
Echo - Oh and arrogance can't be a weakness? **sarcastically** And let me guess, lack of manners isn't one either?
**Dillon and Grayson chuckles**
Lander - Knowing when your good is not arrogance **smiles arrogantly**
Echo - Oh, whatever!

Interviewer: Okay.... What is your favorite element?

Echo - Wind. **excitedly**
Catherine - Water.
Lander - Fire.
Grayson - Fire.
Dillon - Fire.
Echo - What is with men and fire?
Lander - It's cool!
Echo - nothing about fire is "cool". **crosses arms**
Grayson - It's useful. You can cook, scare away wild animals and heat yourself with fire.
Catherine - He does have a point.
Echo - True, but wind is wild and free. It goes where ever is pleases, when ever it pleases.
Dillon - You wish to be wild and free?
Echo - Doesn't everyone at some point?
Grayson - I believe so. **smiles sadly**

Interviewer: Do you care what others think of you?

Dillon - Not unless it's someone I care about myself.
Catherine - Only if I believe they are someone who has a valuable opinion.
Lander - **chuckles** Not really, mostly if I believe what I'm doing is right, it doesn't much matter what others feel are right.
Echo - I almost agree with Lander, although there are a few people whose opinion matters to me.
Lander - **gasps and places his hand over his heart** she agrees with me!
Grayson - My problem is caring what others think **sadly**

Interviewer: Do you have a theme song?

Dillon: Faddle Fiddle - song on the soundtrack from Leap Year.
Catherine - Realize by Colbie Caillat
Echo - Realize, really?
Catherine - SO? Why do you care?
Echo - It just seems like a sappy song. **shrugs**
Grayson - I don't have one.
Lander - Can I use the Physc theme song?
Echo - You want that song? **shocked**
Lander - Yes, it's funny!
Echo - Sure, have fun.
**Lander laughs**
Catherine - What's yours, Echo?
Echo - I don't know.
Dillon - Maybe it should be Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas **laughs**
Echo - **laughs** Sure, why not?

Interviewer: What is your species?

Lander - Human
Echo  -Go figure, annoying human man.
Dillon - Hey, I'm a human too!
Grayson - So am I!
Catherine - So am I!!!
Echo - *laughs harder** Well, Catherine you should fine, you are just a girl, not a man. I'm an Elf.
Lander - You must be the one with the problem... Not us humans.
Echo - Elf is better than human!

Interviewer: Before you go any father, I must announce that we have fill our time. Next time on the In Your Author's Brain show we are going to interview one surprise guest! Goodnight to all!

Y'all still reading?! Well brovo! Here is a piece of cake!
Isn't that the coolest cake?! But it doesn't look at that nummy, so I'm going to give you another piece.

There you go!

-Ri

note* underlining is in place of italics. I could italisize it because our font is italic.

3 comments:

  1. Great interveiw! Thanks for the cake. Great characters, love Echo.
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Autumn! I like Echo too! She is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this! I really enjoyed reading through this! It was such a great encouragement that I spent most of yesterday writing my own. :) Which you have already noticed... :D Thanks again! This was really super!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!