Sunday, June 19, 2011

Many Thanks!

Yesterday we had our big June birthday party. We all got together and exchanged gifts, had cake, ice cream and hot dogs. It was great fun. I thought I'd list everything I have gotten so far.

Lys gave me this necklace one day randomly. See this post.


Amber sent this table runner to me as an engagement gift. It was such a surprise!

She even hand stitched part of it! Several other things came in the box as well, but I didn't have time to locate them all, since they are now being used in my sewing and put in my hope chest.


Mom gave me these for my hope chest.

Amber (same Amber as before) sent me this handmade card and cross stitched book mark. She is really good at remembering that I like yellow and blue.

Bree gave me a Brooke Fraser CD and the second book in the series I'm reading. The book came out this month - or maybe it was last month - and I have been dying to read it. I loved the first one.


Beenie got me my favorite scented lotion and then put it in a jar and had Mom helped her with the cute little topper.


My dear friend Danielle gave me this necklace today at church. I love it. In fact I'm wearing it now.


Lys gave me these. I've already read A Dream To Call My Own, but I loved it, so Lys bought me my own copy. The one I read before was her copy. The other two I haven't read yet, but I'm going to after I finish reading my library books.

SO DO Y'ALL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BEST GIFT WAS? Yeah, I thought so... Alright so everyone pitched in and bought me this...


Yes, that is the Canon Rebel T3i!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled!!! I've already taken 129 pictures since yesterday afternoon.

Go here for more details on the camera.
So when I said everyone chipped in, I mean everyone. My grandma, parents, uncles, fiance, Lys... Everyone. I love love LOVE!

Thanks everyone for everything!!
-Ri

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very special Birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again, Riah!
    And happy early birthay...I'll say happy birthday again on your birthday unless you get annoyed. :) I'm afraid I didn't chip in, but photography advice is free. ;) Ha, my advice probably isn't worth anything to begin with.
    I remember when I first got my DSLR, I was silly and took awful photos of everything...a few I think aren't that bad, like this one, although I like this one better, which is a cropped photo of Pepper's eye as well, and unfortunately, isn't very sharp because of that.
    As you can tell, back then I used horrendous watermarks and "editing" using Windows Vista's built-in "fix" tools mainly consisted of increasing the brightness and contrast. You and others who have used point & shoots for a while and already know about how to be creative with photography and have some editing skills are way ahead of me when I first got my DSLR (as a birthday present as well)...and I'm afraid that although it's been nearly a year since then, I'm not a skilled photographer yet...anyway, if you have any questions about Canon stuff, I'll be happy to try to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber:
    Thanks dearest! You helped make it special!

    Max:
    Thank you. Nope I can never get annoyed with hearing happy birthday :)
    I actually think both of those photos! They are pretty good.
    And I'm pretty sure I'll take you up on your offer on the advice!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!