Friday, June 24, 2011

We have a monster in our house

note: hopefully my next post will have the promised pictures. I just need to take the photos.

We have a monkey pj (pajama) monster in our house. This monster is little, very little in fact. This monster is blond and freckled. This monster is a little, blond, freckled girl who just happens to go by T. Lynn and is known as my littlest sister.

Now you may be wondering why I call her a monster, particularly a pj monster. Well it's simple. She LOVES pj's. Adores them in fact. You know that statistic that says that being in your pj's late into the day makes you sluggish and depressed? She is the opposite. If she isn't in her pj's late into the day she is depressed! She begs to stay in them and in the early evening she begs to get back in them.

I'm sure your next question is "what about the monkeys?" Your answer is her favorite pair of pj's are a green pair with little monkeys all over it. Her newest fascination is monkeys. If it isn't a monkey, frog or bug she probably isn't happy.

What made me post about our female, blond, freckled, monkey pj's monster, you ask? Well this little monster came in the room while Mom and I were looking at fabric for her flower girl dress. We would pull one up and we'd ask her if she liked it and she'd reply "does it have monkeys? no? then I don't like it". We had to tell her that she was not allowed to wear monkeys to the wedding. Guess what she did?! She blackmailed me! She said she wouldn't be my flower girl if she didn't get to wear monkeys. I came up with the idea to look for a monkey pin to wear on her flower girl dress, but Mom and I didn't really like the ones they had. We looked for charms, necklaces, bracelets and rings. We couldn't find anything we liked. So we started looking for a small stuffed animal she could hold in her basket. We ended up with this:
Yep, this is what T. Lynn is going to have in her flower girl basket along with whatever type of petal we have her scatter. It's sad that I had to bribe my sister to be my flower girl. She is against the wedding anyway, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised :)
You know what? After we let her pick a monkey to carry she told us she did like one of the fabrics? She is such a little twerp!

Your tired (its 12:33am) and amused,
Riah Friah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!