Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sad, sad, sad!

I can watch a movie that everyone else is tearing up at and never so much as blink. I can watch a movie that everyone else is sobbing over and never get watery eyes, but books... Books can get me nearly every time if the writer is good enough and I feel attached to the character.


When I was little, I read the Elsie Dinsmore books all the time, over and over again. My copies of the first few books are just about worn out. The part in the first book (or is it second?) where Elsie nearly dies made me cry every time I read it. I knew she was going to live, obviously. There were other books about her, so there was no way, but I cried anyway. I don't anymore, obviously, but I used too.



When Rue died and Katniss sung to her until she died I about started to tear up. It was unbelievably sad. I knew she was going to die, but it was still sooooo sad.


Henri's death is so much more devastating then it was in the movie. Henri was a more loving and father-like character. When he died he told John that he wouldn't have traded a moment of his life on earth with John for anything. He lost his entire life on his planet and his wife that he adored, but he still loved John that much, how sweet was that? And not gushy, romance sweet. It was pure, fatherly love.


When I first read Anne of the Island, I cried and cried when Anne's school friend Ruby Gillis died at about 18. She had what they called consumption, aka: tuberculosis. She was so sad that she wouldn't get married and have little babies. She was scared about that she wouldn't go to heaven and she was scared that even if she did go to heaven that she would be missing life. That she was leaving everything she knew and loved behind. **sob**
It's been a long time since I've cried over a book, but I have teared up a bit recently.

Now onto some pictures I've taken:

This picture was taken at the farm we get milk from. They have these growing all around the fence.


This lady bug was kind of adverse to taking a picture. She (or he) kept crawling away, so Bree scared her (or him) into staying put for about a second. She (or he) started moving right about the time I snapped the picture, hence the blurriness.


The sunset was reflecting beautifully on these clouds that were out front of our house.


Another "cliche" picture. I wanted a good one, but I haven't gotten one yet. I need to do it in the afternoon when natural light in coming in the window. And I need to zoom in more.

-Ri

4 comments:

  1. Omg...I LOVE Elsie Dinsmore..I used to read that book over and over when I was younger as well. It was my favorite!
    Love the pictures, especially the ladybug one! Oh, and I love your shirt...soooo pretty!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also need to brush your hair. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary:
    Me too!! I read and read it!
    Thanks, I like the ladybug too!! It's Lyssa's shirt. She let me borrow it.

    Mom:
    It was brushed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riah~

    Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. The ride is the Alice In Wonderland ride at Disneyland, California.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!