Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hail!

Today we had a really bad storm.
This is some of the larger pieces of hail (this pic was taken with my phone):

The pieces were bigger than golf balls and came down for at least 15 minutes maybe longer. I was in the barn when the storm hit and when the hail hit the tin roof it sounded like gun shots firing over and over again. Most of the horses were freaking out and one of the cats was clinging to me for dear life. lol -
It was a freaky storm. We saw the clouds forming a twister but it moved away (I was relieved). I
headed home at 10:30pm and there was so much fog and a lot of places were out of power so it was sooo dark. It was freaky!!
My car had about 4 inches of water in the front on the passenger side. I have no idea where the leak is
coming from, but it took 3 towels to get it to where it wasn't soaking. Ugh.

On to other news...
I hurt my foot somehow a few weeks ago - it would hurt when I walked, but the last few days has been horrible! I couldn't walk day before yesterday for a couple of hours. Now its all swollen and sore. Mom is gonna take me to get it looked at on Monday.

Last Tuesday Ri, Becky and Kay came down to see the new Jane Eyre movie. They picked me up and off we went. It was the first movie Riah and I have ever seen together in a theater. We made sure Becky realized that we thought it was wrong to be so deprived for almost 19 years! haha.
So we got into this small theater which is filled with old, white headed women and the previews started. They were all in foreign languages! When the previews stopped there were a couple of different screens that came on and so we talked fairly quietly before the movie. The screen when blank and this old woman, who was in the row in front of us said (quite rudely, I might add): "Would you please be quiet!"
Ri and I were trying not to laugh. The movie hadn't even started and we were being "SShhh-ed" - How rude!
haha - several times through the movie, if something was funny, I leaned over to Ri and said "I'm afraid to move - I don't want my head bitten off!"
Over all we had a great time!
More stories later!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! How fun!! (the mall, movie part) Haha at that old lady. I hope the movie was good, I just ADORE Mia Wasikowska!
    I'm soooo sorry you hurt your foot, but apart from that, YOU HAVE A BARN!!?!? AND HORSES!?!? You lucky girl, although I can't say that about the Tornado. Never had one in my life, and I intend to keep it that way.
    Cool post :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!