Monday, October 3, 2011

5th (I think) Damsel's Daybook

Doing the Damsel's Daybook from Autumn @ Storygirl

Outside my window... Slightly overcast and it's starting to look fall-ish.

I'm thinking about... How badly I want a cup of apple cider and the fun (at least for me) post that I will eventually get around to.

From the kitchen... Canner going with Apple Jelly we're canning, vent in the microwave going, jar seals sealing with that satisfying "pop", cinnamon-y apple smells. (Now we're canning apple butter, I'm typing this between canning).

I am creating... A skirt.

I am reading... The Hunger Games (with Bree) by Suzanne Collins and A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin.

I am hearing... Kay and Bree chatting, the vent in the microwave, the tv.

I am hoping... That it's warm tomorrow for our trip to the Dixie Classic Fair.

I am planning... On finishing Beenie's skirt, making a cute apron, watching the Sing-Off tonight and much more.

I am wearing... A black knit skirt, a teal t-shirt, jewelry, and T. Lynn's froggy apron. The bib part (obviously) doesn't fit, but if I fold the bib under and wrap the skirt around my waist it fits nearly perfectly, just like a half apron. I told you I need to make an apron!

Around the house... a mess that needs tidying, open windows, people talking, warmth from the kitchen...

My wish of the week... That we get all these apple's canned in their various forms: aka applesauce, apple pie filling, apple butter, apple jelly, apple syrup and cinnamon versions of both applesauce and apple jelly.

Your busy and cinnamon apple-y smelling,
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, cinnamon and apples are the best fall smells! Here's to autumn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did you slip in and do this post while we were canning all that stuff???

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!