Monday, August 8, 2011

"Ah summer..."

"...what power you have to make us suffer and like it." - Russel Baker

Summer let's us enjoy clean kitchens:
*please ignore the notes and pictures all over the side of the fridge
Yes, I scrubbed this entire kitchen!

Summer also destroys those clean kitchens (the same day you clean them!):
Just to can the tons and tons of tomatoes from the garden!

It also:
Gives you tons of yummy canned tomatoes - even if it costs you a clean kitchen!

Yeah, I love summer, but I don't exactly enjoy having my nice, clean kitchen messed up. It was worth it though :)

These are some of my favorite things about summer:
Reading new books and listening to music while sitting in our sunroom.

Taking tons of pictures of my beautiful sunflowers.

Going to the Bicentennial Gardens with my sisters and Grandma.

Getting long cheery letters from dear friends. I love Amber's letters!

Seeing our sidewalk up to our house so covered with plants that you can't even walk up it. Beautiful, no?

Laying on the ground to get close up shots like this.

Taking close ups of little sister's "très adorable" freckles.

And new perspectives... Our porch and stairs look so much more picturesque from this view!

Much Love,
Mi

2 comments:

  1. Clean kitchen girl here!!!!! Those freckles are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous!
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! And I completely agree!! She has the cutest freckles!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!