Tuesday, August 9, 2011

An interesting afternoon!

When we go to the library, we have a system. Mom goes and researches what books she needs using the library card catalogue, Kay helps Beenie find books and I help T. Lynn. Bree is pretty much on her own, but she'll come to Mom, Kay or me for help if she needs it. After I have helped T. Lynn find her books I do one of three things: Take her with me while I find my books, leave her with Beenie and/or Bree in the children's sections or leave her with Mom.
Yesterday we went to the library and I took T. to pick out her books, but she was in a bit of a mood and didn't want to pick a book - not even a Nancy Drew or Ramona book (shocked?). Well she was required to pick one non-fiction book, so after some hushed arguing (which mostly consisted of me telling her she had better pick a book and pick one right now) she finally picked a spider book and a Nancy Drew book. I then went to help Bree find a couple of books and then I had to answer questions from the Librarian if we were like the Duggers or not (which we're not) - I eventually sent the lady to find Momma, since I have no clue what religion the Duggers practice nor do I know why they believe what they believe.
After I had done all of this I was about to look for my books when T. Lynn called me over to look at something. She was flipping through a magazine and had just thrown it down in disgust when I walked up.
"Riah, look at this!" She exclaimed irritably.
"What's amatter?"
"This magazine showed a snake on the front but there is only two snakes in the whole thing - the front (cover) and one inside! See?" She picks up the magazine and it falls open to a page covered in snakes. "Ohhhh! Riah, sit down and look at this with me! I musta missed it..."
I sat down beside her and she flipped through every page that featured snakes. Then she asked me to find her some snake books to take home, so I found one and handed it to her. She ran and got her spider book and wanted me to sit there while she looked through it too. While she was studying the spiders I happened to glance back at the magazine rack T. had gotten her magazine from. It was filled with girly magazines about bedroom designs, boyfriend quizzes and make up tips. There was one Boy's Life magazine - yep the snake magazine T. Lynn had was the Boy's Life magazine. Rows and rows of girls magazines and my baby sister picks up the only boy magazine in the whole rack! Go figure. Kay eventually finished looking for her books and very sweetly offered to sit with T. while I looked for my books.

As it goes my afternoon kinda went bad-good-bad-good!
Bad: T. Lynn refuses to pick out books.
Good: I eventually get her to pick out two.
Bad: She is irritable.
Good: She finally gets interested in something and ends up going home with about 5 books.
Bad: Our library is changing it's system and not only is it taking awhile to figure out, it also isn't fully installed and we can't renew, request or put books on hold. We can just check in and check out. Such a bummer.
Good: Maybe this new system will be better.
Bad: The library didn't have any of the books I wanted (it's a small, SMALL library).
Good: I was forced to browse most of the library and found two books that look great:
Two books and a Lemon Tea Snapple make for a fun afternoon. I can't wait to start reading them... Right now I am reading a rather boring book and am almost just going to stop reading it

And here is just a random picture of my sunflowers!

So that was yesterday! Fun, no?

-Miah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!