Tuesday, March 29, 2011

'DWTS' judges

We watch Dancing With The Stars. Don't ask me how we started or why, but we do. I like the competition. I like seeing the best get to the top. I espcially like it if there are several good couples instead of one and I can't pick my favorite. There is one thing I don't like though.... The judges. Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli. Why don't I like them? They're completely wrong - generally speaking that is. Sometimes they make a good call... sometimes. The horrible thing is they don't judge based on the stars ability; they judge on sob-stories, "hot-ness", choreography, and props. Here is a break-down.

Carrie Ann Inaba: Cry a few times and she'll pat your hand, tell you you're a good girl and give you a seven. Be a "hot" guy and she'll smile, flirt and stand up yelling about how you "blew her away with the performance".

Len Goodman: Ok, so he HATES props. Period! If you want a good score you had better not use a prop or your dance should be REALLY good so he forgets the "horrible" props. Also, he is a stickler for choreography. I personaly don't think you should judge the stars on the choreography. They don't decide the steps, the dancers do.

Bruno Tonioli: first let me say that he is my favorite.. Alright, I don't have a lot of bones to pick with his judging. I don't always agree with him, but I agree with him more than the other two, although he too will pick a hot guy over a good dancer. (btw: I do not condone homosexuality in any way, but his opinion is the one I tend to agree with the most and I wont lie about that just because I disagree with his life style).

Alright, now you probably want to know who my favorite couples are. Here:

Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas

Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy (I don't actually really like Maks - he is full of himself -I like Kirstie)

Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff

In no particular order. The only one I've voted for so far is Chelsea because I personally think the judges are playing favorites with Kendra since she is this sad, "feel-sorry-for-me" little character and they just love to pick favorites. The more the person plays "oh, poor, pitiful me" the more they fall for it and give the star a better score. It doesn't matter if they are good or not and there is no way Kendra was better than Chelsea.. Kendra looked like a mannequin.

Sorry about my rant! I just get so annoyed with the judges and their complete inability to actually judge according to talent. Ooops! I started fussing again... my bad.

Riah!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Riah! I don't watch DWTS, and I don't really like the judges, but I like Bruno and Carrie's last name. Inaba is really cool. I love how they always say "Carrie Ann Inaba" so cool, haha :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with everything you just said- ESPECIALLY about the sob stories! Seriously, did Jeniffer Grey REALLY deserve to win last time, or was it just because she played her "I'm so incredibly hurt but I'm BRAVING it out, guys" story EVERY time? Ugh.

    Thank you for letting me rant. :)

    I've only watched the first episode of this season, I wasn't able to watch last nights or tonights one, but Chelsea is my favorite, too!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!