Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bad news - Sad news

First round of bad/sad news: This morning as I was waking up my Grandpa called me. I was surprised to see him actually calling. Not that he doesn't call - it's just he normally calls my mom and then talks to the rest of us. So I answered: "Hey Grandpa!"
"Hey baby girl, is your mom home?"
"Not right now - she left for work about 20 minutes ago. Do you need something?"
"I've been trying to get in touch with her for a little while - I'm thinking I don't have the right number. Can you give me the right one?"
"Sure! Are you okay?"
"Not really, my oldest brother passed on last night around 10pm." I was really surprised. I asked him which brother (he is one are 13 - as of last night there are 5 of them left - its sad.) and he didn't hear me. He kept talking about trying to get in touch with my mom and how sad he is. I was worried that it was James or J.D. that had died - (I haven't met all of his siblings - those are the only two brothers I think I know - they are awesome). I asked him again and he told me that it was his 89yo brother that I hadn't met. We talked for a few more minutes and I told him I'd call my mom so she could call him that way her number would be in his phone. He agreed and before we hung up he said the thing that actually made me wanna cry: "You know, it's hard to see you brother take his last breath." :(  I wanted to cry - it was so sad. I hate it when my grandpa is sad. In fact - when any old(er) person is sad I am sad with them.
SO that's the first round of bad news I heard today.
AND NOW for the second round:
My dad was half thrown (he half jumped off for safety) from a horse (my favorite horse actually) today and his arm might be broken (he doesn't think it is -) plus his hip and leg hurt - he's very stiff from it. So it's been a weird day.
It's been raining out and people have been shopping even more that normal! You'd think that the rain would keep them at home, but no! I went to the mall to get my lunch (since it's right across the street from where I work) and the whole place was buzzing with people. You couldn't walk without side-stepping someone. It was crazy! And then I just had to go and watch the movie Selena with J.Lo in it - yes a teared up at the end. it's such a sad movie.
It's been a good day though - other than the weird/sad stuff. :)
More posts soon!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! I will be praying. Lots of love goes to you :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!