Monday, January 3, 2011

Biltmore Estate!

We went to the Biltmore Estate yesterday - It's near Asheville, NC.
It had been ten years since I had been so I bet you can imagine my excitement!
This is the front door! And unfortunately where my camera had to be turned off -
no photography allowed inside! *sniff sniff**

This is the view from the back of the house! I miss those mountains!

The view again...

This is a copy of a painting inside of the house - it was at the gift shop.
I absolutely love it!
Ignore the little light reflections on the bottom and the other reflections.


I wanted to save this for last.
See those gargoyles?
When the estate was being built, they had these carved in place!
As in, they weren't made and then put on - they were made already on!
The detail work is amazing! Next time I go I'm taking the behind the scenes tour!


postsignature

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I found your blog on Deanne Gist's forums, and as soon as I heard Beautiful Exchange playing, you had me :).
    I want to add the "what was this?" part to the end of my blogs...could you tell me how to do that? I've changed other settings, but I couldn't find that one...thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm Riah, Lyssa's personal blog designer, co-writer and best friend.
    Lys asked me to answer the question you asked about the "what is this" at the bottom of the posts.
    When you sign into blogger, go to "Design" and then in the box that says "Blog posts" there is a link that says "edit" click on that. A new window will open up and there will be a whole list of stuff you can change. Check the box out in front of "Reactions" and that will make it appear under your posts. You can click in the box that says "Reactions" and change it to say whatever you like. Out beside that lists what reactions for people to select. Click on the link that says edit and it will let you change that. Make all your changes, hit save.
    Hope that makes sense!
    Riah

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!