Friday, January 21, 2011

An interesting post...

I had an idea for a blog post that I sort of stole from the Pioneer Woman. She asked "who is your favorite couple of all time?" (this is slightly paraphrased). I thought I'd write a few of my own down here. In no particular order, mind you.

Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy - Pride and Prejudice.

Laura Ingalls and Almonzo Wilder (the real story) - Laura Ingalls Wilder books.

Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester - Jane Eyre.

Marianne Dashwood and Col. Brandon - Sense and Sensibility.

Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe - The Anne of Green Gables series.

Adelaide Proctor and Gideon Westcott - Head in the Coulds.

Giselle and Robert Philip - Enchanted.

Lacy Gallatin and Dave Shephard - A Dream to Call My Own.

Christy Hudleston and Neil MacNeill - Christy (yay she didn't marry the preacher - except in real life... "Christy" was actually Lenora Whitaker who ended up marrying Rev. John Wood).

Amy Dorrit and Arthur Clennam - Little Dorrit.

Emma and Mr. Kightley - Emma.

Molly Gibson and Roger Hamley - Wives and Daughters.

Sophie Hall and Charlie Wyman - Letters to Juliet.

My Grandma and Gran-David - my actual grandparents ;)

And thats about all I can think of right now... there are plenty more, but the list is already so long. What are some of your favorites?

Riah

P.S. I forgot Margaret Hale and John Thornton - North and South (BBC version).  These characters are favorites as well!

1 comment:

  1. Bill Sykes and Nancy from Oliver! Just kidding, that's about the complete opposite of a perfect couple.

    What about Noah and Allie from the Notebook? That's my favorite<3

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!