Sunday, August 29, 2010

Someday.... Oh and news!

Ok, this is really sad, but I promise you Lys that I will, at some point in time, fix up your blog.  I figured a public apology was due here.  I haven't really worked on the design yet, but I have e-mailed somebody about how to do a more professional looking blog design.  Thank you for waiting so long, and thanks for the patience that you have, thus far, exhibited.
I guess the second half will be an apology to my mom.  She wants her blog redone too... but she's in line after Lys.  Guess how long she's having to wait?  If you said forever, then congratulations you are correct!  Sorry you have to wait mom... Love you both.

Now onto more news...  Lys has begged me to do a post about graduating, but there is not much to tell.  I crammed in tons of school and finished my last math book ever the day before my graduation.  Being homeschooled I didn't have to wear a cap and gown or have a ceremony.  So at the huge joint birthday party we hold in June, Mom and Dad gave me my diploma and announced that I had finished.  Thats pretty much it.  All I can say is that I am so happy to be done!  It was a slightly bittersweet moment though.  My grandfather died earlier this year and since he was a professor he was extremely dedicated to education.  He was really excited about the graduation and I really wish he could have been there.  Other than that, the day went well.  I didn't like being in the spotlight.  In a large graduation you are at least standing up with lots of other graduates, in an at-home-graduation its all you baby.  Frightening really.
More news... I turned 18 shortly after I graduated and I can honestly say... wait for it... I feel NO different!  Not really much of a shocker I guess.  Being 18 feels no different, execpt when 15 year olds look at you in complete shock and repeat over and over again that they can't believe you're 18.  Yes, that happens.  Not really sure why, but it does ;)

The only other news is that we are hoping/praying that Lys can come and spend the weekend with me someday soon.  It would really be awesome, but she lives quite a bit away from me so our parents have be reluctant to let us spend the night with each other.  Fingers crossed that this actually happens.

Love you Mom and Lys again!

~Riah 

 

1 comment:

  1. No worries m'dear! Just as long as it gets done before the theme doesn't fit. lol. Perhaps if I can come spend the weekend with y'all sometime we can work on it!
    Love you too! :) See ya tomorrow! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!