Thursday, December 13, 2012

Be A Princess

I always wanted to be a princess as a little girl - well along with being the first woman on mars, a ballerina, a scientist and a cartographer. I apparently wanted to be an accomplished princess!
Anyway back to the point. I wanted to be a princess. Not necessarily a disney princess per-say, more of a modern princess. Please don't let your mind jump to Princess Kate - it did, didn't it? Ugh. Ok no, not modern princess as in Kate - honestly, not a fan of her style. I'm thinking maybe more socialite style minus the tacky short be-glittered dress and huge jewelry. More Blair from Gossip Girl (minus the silly hats she wears on occasion which are more Princess Kate). My idea of a princess was more like this:
Light, airy and regal
 
Simple and sophisticated
 
Classy and stylish.
 
And of course, poufy!
 
And princesses were supposed to have stunning jewelry.

The all important tiara
 
Lovely bracelets
 
And of course the matching necklace.
 
I'm not sure why, but when I was little I got it into my head that princesses wore sapphires and diamonds and I wanted blue and silver jewelry so badly, convinced that once I had it I would be a princess.
 
But I no longer wish to be a princess. Yes, I'd still love to wear beautiful clothes and stunning jewelry. I still would like a house with a spiral staircase (the kind I swore all princesses had when I was little), it would be great fun to have all the money in the world, but being that kind of princess is no longer my wish.
 
I am a princess in many different ways. Instead of ballgowns and sapphires, I have boots and gold wedding bands. Instead of a castle, I have a warm comforting home. Instead of classic dresses, I have giant sweaters. Instead of a prince, I have the sweetest man in the world. Instead of maids, I have a baby on the way. You see I don't need expensive jewelry, fancy clothes, lots of money, a castle and servants to make me happy, I need my husband and my family. I am a princess because I've decided that riches don't make you royal, contentment does.
 
 
 
Your princess content wife,
post signature

3 comments:

  1. You said modern princess and I was thinking Princess Diaries... :) I love blue and silver together. I always thing it is so beautiful and elegant.
    Your last paragraph is so true but I like your last sentences most of all.
    "I am a princess because I've decided that riches don't make you royal, contentment does."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amber. That last line was beautiful, as my dear, are you!!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!