Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beautiful People!

So I decided to link up with Georgianna Penn @ Before My Penn Has Gleaned and do Beautiful People. Apparently it's the one year anniversary of the "blog thing" called Beautiful People! How exciting is that for them?!

Anyway... Now onto the "rules"!
Part 1: Instead of one character, choose two that are somehow tied together in a relationship. It doesn't matter what kind. They can be siblings, sweethearts, enemies, friends. Just two people who know each other. A relationship that you, as the author, would like to discover more about.
Answer the first 10 questions as you normally would, but do it for both characters. This is where that optional part comes in, if you're not interested, feel free to use these questions as you would for just one character.
Also, if the question isn't suited for the world your character lives in, answer it as if they lived in a world that it would, or feel free to change the question to fit the situation
Part 2: Here are 5 more questions. These ones are focused more on that relationship we mentioned above. The goal is to become more familiar with the way your two characters relate with one another. Think about your answers, don't be afraid to give us detail.


First I'm going to introduce my characters!

Most of you have already met Echo Abbiss from the "character interview" I did here. I'll go over a bit more now.

Echo Abbiss - a newer character and I reverted to my old bad habits. Her name was originally Cassia, but Echo sounded more mysterious and Cassia sounded bubbly. Hint: Echo is supposed to be mysterious :) She is an Elf in a "magical" fantasy world (still un-named - hey Amber, maybe I'll get you to help me come up with a name for it!). She was raised in an all elfen (elven?), all girls school where she was trained to be a peace ambassador to Lords and Ladies. She has hair so black it looks blue, porcelain skin and deep blue eyes.

I imagine her sorta like this:
or this:
Of course neither of those are quite right. I couldn't find a perfect one. Oh well...

The other character you haven't met yet. He is Lord Terrence Vane. He employed Echo to help him make peace with a neighboring Lord. Young, but very decisive. He is hated by his enemies and loved by his friends. I couldn't find a picture that I thought was even close - this was the best I could come up with: 


He isnt right and I have no idea who this guy is, but oh well.

Ok, now that you now the characters a little, I'll answer the questions:

1. Do they believe in anything that most people think is impossible? He believes in total peace. She doesn't really believe in anything impossible.

2. Are they strong, or the "damsel/knight in distress" sort? Both are very strong. He is a Lord and she is fully trained in combat.

3. Do they have a special place? (e.g. a corner in his/her bedroom, under a tree...) Not really. When Echo was at the "Home" (the school) she liked the garden.

4. What occupation do they have, or plan on having? He is a Lord, if that counts. Echo is an Ambassador.

5. Describe their current place of residence. In the story they are both currently living in a castle. A small castle though, near the mountains in the North.

6. Explain their last crisis. How had they changed when they came out of it? Neither have been really in a crisis yet. Unless you count them going into a supposedly haunted garden maze. But it wasn't that big of a deal exactly.

7. If they could drive any kind of car they wanted, what would it be? Car? Um... I'll change that. Echo would love to have a midnight black stallion. Lord Vane has a pinto.

8. How do they deal with change? Lord Vane deals with it in stride, as a good Lord does. Echo handles it like a pro. She was trained to, afterall.

9. If they had to amputate one body part, which one would they choose? They would both probably pick their arm.

10. What would their favorite be at the local coffee shop? Echo would like a Chai Tea Latte, Lord Vane would take black coffee.

Part two:
1. How did they meet? They met when she came to his castle, Starmont, to help him settle the dispute between him and his neighbor.

2. How do these two deal with conflict? Conflict between the two of them? They haven't ever argued. Conflict from without? Lord Vane tries to settle it, but he isn't very harsh, especially with his family. She deals with it logically, all emotion removed. Except when she is dealing with Lander, he rubs her the wrong way.

3. Do they have a special song, phrase, item, or place? Together? No. Seperate? Not yet anyway.

4. What kind of things do they like to do together? Settle disputes.

5. Describe their relationship as a whole in 3 words, or less. Boss and employee.

And thats it :) Hope y'all enjoyed that!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hey I did both of your tags. :) I noticed you commented but wordpress had posted it before I intended it to so i don't know if you saw the complete post or not. :)
    Anyway if all goes well I'll post your letter in the morning!
    Oh I love character questionaires! Btw they are just along the lines of how I pictured them! and as for the man he plays the part of Green Arrow in the Tv series of Superman called Smallville. Don't ask me the actors name... I'd have to look it up. :)
    Hope your having a great week and wonderful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this a fairy tale story sort ? I think is sounds neat. I would love to hear more about it, can't wait. I love fairy-ish stories.
    blessings
    Rachel Hope >>http://hopespuntreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rachel Hope: This is a break-down of two my characters from the fantasy book I'm writing. :) And hopefully you'll hear more about it soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!