Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We were tagged

via pinterest
And I am just now getting around to it :) Sorry about that! The lovely Lauren at Bits and Pieces tagged us!

The Rules:
1) Post these rules.
2) Post 11 random things about yourself
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5) Go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged
6) No cop-outs in the tagging section like, "If you are reading this" or "if you follow me". You have to legitimately tag people!

via pinterest

Now for random facts about me!
1. I hate daylight savings time. Its cruel to change the hours on someone - just LEAVE IT BE!
2. I love the Drawsomething app... Just so much fun - if anyone has the drawsomething, let me know what your username is! I love that game.
3. I wanted to be a dancer while I was growing up - I just love the gracefulness of it all.
via pinterest
4. I love the book Ella Enchanted. It's my go to book. If I'm mad, I just go upstairs and read it and I feel instantly better. My copy is so worn - I love that :)
5. I have a major pet peeve with people thinking they are photographers simply because they own a DSLR. I'm sorry, a big fancy camera does not make you a photographer. You can have a DSLR and be learning about being a photographer (me), but I'm sorry quit trying so hard to sound important with your nice camera. If your only ever going to use the auto settings then get a durn point and shoot and quit wasting all that money. Either really learn or admit you aren't a photographer!
(no offense to anyone, I'm not referring to any bloggers, I'm referring to a relative who is seriously annoying  me with this topic. I really wish this relative would just stop). 
6. I love Scooby Doo fruit snacks :) they are simply the best!
7. I adored the show Kim Possible when I was younger. I was obsessed! I had to watch every show and every movie. Boy, was I bummed when it went off air **sob**
via pinterest
8. I can't stand bad endings or slow middles in books, just can't.
9. I correct gammer and point out flaws in book **ehem** irises and crepe myrtles do not bloom at the same time, I don't care how lovely the weather has been.
10. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite disney princess ever, although Rapunzel is now a close second, or wait, maybe I just like Ryder :)
11. I always wanted Jo in Little Women to marry Laurie. Not Professor Bhaer. And no, thats not just because Christian Bale plays him... I really really wanted them to get together!
via pinterest

Lauren's 11 questions for us:
1. If you could spend one day with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would you spend it with?
Fred Astaire!! I'd have him teach me to dance :)

2. What is your current favorite song?
Dance Me to the End of Love by The Civil Wars or Stronger by Kelly Clarkson

3. What's your favorite summer activity, big or small?
Reading while being warmed by the sun - that or mowing :)

4. Let's say you get a cat. A really cute, really fluffy, really adorable cat. What do you name it?
Picky Picky, like Ramona's cat in Ramona and Beezus

5. If you could own one exotic animal, with the guarantee that it wouldn't eat you, or trample you, or some other tragic thing...what would it be?
Does a Meerkat count? They are too cute!
via pinterest
6. Who is the scariest movie villain?
That rat from Lady and the Tramp. And I am completely serious, thank you very much!

7. Did you like Aurora's dress more when it was pink, or when it was blue?
Pink Pink Pink - when I was little Mom and Daddy took me to the Disney store and I saw this Penny bank that was Aurora and they had it in both her pink dress and her blue and I wanted the pink one so bad. So I told Mom I wanted the pink one for my birthday - I got it too. I wonder what happened to that?

8. Who inspires you most, whether they be famous or non-famous?
I'm not easily inspired, but perhaps it's Alex and Brett Harris...
9. Would you rather sit down with a good book, or sit down all comfy cozy with the laptop and read blogs, pin stuff, Facebook creep, etc...?
Book - although I do both. Books are much better, except the book I'm reading right now. It is so slow.

10. Absolute favorite Disney character? (See, everything comes back to Disney with me ;))
Aurora - I have a little pewter charm for a necklace that is her. I'll have to take a picture of it one day. The skirt twirls!

11. What is one of your favorite quotes?
"Do you think I am an automaton? — a machine without feelings? and can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! — I have as much soul as you — and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you. I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh: it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal — as we are!" — Charlotte Brontë (Jane Eyre) 

or

via pinterest
I know - awwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

Now for my 11 questions:
1.Would you rather be invisible or fly?
2. Who is your best friend?
3. Your current favorite book?
4. Favorite hero of all time?
5. Do you wear glasses, contacts or is your eye sight pretty good?
6. Are you artistic? If so, how?
7. Everyone either has a word or a saying that is always coming out of their mouth, what's yours?
8. What is your favorite color combonation?
9. Cat, dog, bird, fish? What is your favorite pet?
10. Is there a particular genre of movie/book you like best?
11. Favorite humorous movie quote?

I tag:
Hannah @ Write Inside
Amber @ Joy of Dawn
Jocee @ Cupcake Dictionary
Autumn @ Storygirl
Mary @ Sue Sue's Stories



Much love,
post signature

5 comments:

  1. I have so many things to say!!!
    1. Ella Enchanted is the book that *really* turned me into a reader when I read it 8 or 9 years ago. I've more or less always been a reader, but that was the book that showed me how books can truly take you to another world...and I've never been the same!
    2. I have a great big fancy looking camera...and have no idea how to use it! Haha! If only I could learn what all the settings did...
    3. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite as well :) She has the best prince! Best classic prince, at least. Flynn Rider's got him running for his money...But alas, Philip shall never be outdone!
    4. Every time I watch Little Women, I cringe when she turns Laurie down :( And I have this somewhat irrational bitterness against Amy because she ends up with him...Oooh, it just burns me up!
    I loved this whole post! And your answers made me smile :D I mean, meerkats?? Right on!!
    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love long comments!
    Ella Enchanted was my favorite book for the longest time. It probably is the best fairy tale ever!
    Yes you have a big fancy camera, but at least you aren't pretending your this amazing photographer... She is and it's annoying.
    I'm so glad some one agrees with me, everyone I know likes Beauty and the Beast best.
    Yes, I almost hate Laurie too, for giving up so easily and then FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN! With Amy none-the-less!
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me Riah. :] I adored every one of your answers. I personally adore Joe and Fredric. And whenever I think of the Little women movie I get "Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly " going around me head. :}
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Autumn:
    Thanks and Momma likes Fredric and Jo too... Haha, I'm just personally in love with the Laurie character and can't imagine how she break his heart like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, I used to love watching Kim Impossible. I don't think I missed a show. I do love Aurora but I gotta say, Belle is the bomb. She's always been my favorite (I think it's just because she reads).
    Great post Riah and Lys(Where have you been by the way. Girl, you gotta blog more. We miss you.)
    I'm sorry to say, but I only follow to blogs really, so, I tagged you ladies again. You don't have to do it again though. Heaven knows your blog would be full of these things then. haha.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!