Monday, November 1, 2010

Me... (Lys style)

I thought it would be fun to do a post like Ri just did, so here goes! (Once again I am sooo sorry for the delay in posting on The Focus Point - I'll get caught up hopefully tomorrow.)

I love:

1. God
2. Australia
3. Family/pets
4. books
5. fires
6. the smell of burnt leaves
7. Photography
8. Snuggling up under a blanket
9. Thanksgiving
10. Sunny days
11. Music!

I hate:

1. Cold weather
2. Waking up with a sore throat
3. Dry skin (I use lotion a lot)
4. Clowns (they are freaky)
5. Badly written books
6. Mascots (they are freaky too)
7. Raisins
8. Oatmeal
9. Greasing baking sheets or any other baking dish
10. Being so tired you can't sleep and being grumpy on top of it!

I am a odd contradiction:

I love Silence
I love Music 24/7

I love the simpleness of the olden days
I love Modern technology (aka: ipod/computers)

I love watching old TV shows
I love when the TV is off

I love colors in my room
I love black and white in my room

I love cooking/baking from scratch
I love microwave popcorn

I'd love to try living in different time periods
I couldn't stand not taking a shower every day (!!!!!!!!!!)

I am weird:

1. I made mud food in my backyard when I was little (didn't eat it)
2. I laugh in movies like "Sweeney Todd" which doesn't make any sense! (any ideas?!)
3. I used to think that there was a band in the trunk of our car and thats where the music came from.
4. I named my first baby boy doll Baby and then later called him Little Baby. (when I was older and didn't play with him, I decided to call him Jacob)
5. I had a valentine bear holding a little red hersheys chocolate kiss that I named Hershey Bear.
6. I ate sand at the beach when I was about 2 years old.
7. I can't go to sleep if I don't put on chapstick (!!!!!)
8. I nearly always read after I go to bed, no matter what time it is
9. I can't sleep well if my hair isn't at least damp
10. I firmly believe Riah and I were born twins and were separated at birth and have been cruelly denied our rights to be with each other at ALL times

I am:
Alyssa,
Lyssa,
Lys,
Alys,
Lyssie,
and thats about it.

I am also:

my parents stubborn daughter :)
a very independent individual who, when sets her mind to something, usually gets it done
a sister
a friend
an Aussie at heart
a bookworm
a bookstore employee
a photographer
a history lover
a baby-sitter
a dishwasher
a laundry maid (although I only do my own laundry usually)
a baker
a passionate person
a confident person
an owner of a very big sweet tooth
a tall person
and...
A daughter of the most high God!

That's me!
Great idea for a post, Ri!
postsignature

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! You're awesome! And just like me :)
    I CANNOT sleep if I don't put chapstick one AND lotion on my feet. I have to wake up in the middle of the night just to do that, it drives me nuts! I'm with ya on all those contradiction things, & laughed out loud at the band in the trunk :) too cute!
    ...Off to read Riahs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll admit you two are very much alike, but trust me - your mom and I each carried only one of you. We were BOTH very much pregnant. Do we need to tell you the story of tying each other's shoes again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber! :D

    PLEASE! NOT THE SHOE TYING STORY! I BEG YOU!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!