Saturday, December 31, 2011

A long day....

It's been a long day... Getting up, getting ready, going on a walk, cleaning, taking my first archery lesson, running errands...

Now I am getting ready to settle in with a book (Torrent), a cup of Chai tea, freshly washed hair and watching a re-run of Downton Abbey. Chai tea is going to become my new addiction, that or Vanilla Almond Milk, but I think it'll probably be Chai tea. And is there anything nicer then freshly washed hair?
- on a side note, the house smells like ginger bread! Yum!

As for details on the archery lesson... I learned how to string my bow. I have to un-string it every time I finish using it, so I learned to do all that. I learned how to anchor it, load the arrow (super easy), aim and shoot. At first I just practiced drawing without an arrow, just getting used to the feel of it. I then practiced drawing with the arrow, then shot. The first shot went rather well... I hit the target (not the bulls eye though) and managed not to hit my arm with the string. The second time I shot I missed and I still didn't hit my arm. The third time I missed and hit my arm but the arm guard protected me, the fourth time my guard slipped and I hit my arm... Boy did that hurt. I hit the same place the fifth time, I thought I had moved my guard to protect my arm properly, but apparently I hadn't. I now have a red, sore spot on my arm, but it only hurts now if I touch it. Lucky for me I was wearing long sleeves or it could have been worse! Tomorrow morning my uncle (who got me the bow, arrows, accessories and target and who taught me today) is taking me to the place where he got my bow and they're going to teach me too. I am also planning on buying more arrows while I'm there. He got me four and I'd like to have some more... I'm hoping to buy three more tomorrow while I'm there. I wish I could get maybe four or five more, but they cost $5 per arrow (yeah, not cheep). Still I'm excited!

Archer-in-training,
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's sounds AWESOME! I was picturing you like Susan off of Narnia, or Katniss Everdeen, till you said you hit yourself. Then I kinda chuckled. Sorry /:)

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica: You don't have to say sorry! I laughed too... After it quit stinging ;) Hopefully one day the picture of Susan will be accurate!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I love to read what ya'll have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!